Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redwood01
Punch Card
Views: 780
Message 1 of 3

x301 external display limited to 1024 x 768 when using interal display

title basically says it. what gives? i have a 24" lcd capable of 1920x1200 which is driven fine by itself, but in the mode with the internal laptop display on, the resolustion will not exceed 1024x768 in 16 bit on the external monitor... which looks terrible.

this is via vga ... not the displayport. i could get the displayport cable though, since my external screen has hdmi. i would just need the converter i guess. but i'm not sure that would make a difference?

my intel driver is dated 6/11/2008 6.14.10.4957 ... and i can't seem to update for some reason. again - not sure this has anything to do with it or not. 

thanks! 

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 749
Message 2 of 3

Re: x301 external display limited to 1024 x 768 when using interal display

Are you using XP or Vista... if you are using XP, please change the resolution using the Intel display driver tray, rather then the windows display property. 
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
redwood01
Punch Card
Views: 746
Message 3 of 3

Re: x301 external display limited to 1024 x 768 when using interal display

update. first thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. it looks like this is a lenovo limitation. how lame. no matter what you do you cannot get a higher resolution in dual-display / mirrored mode.

again - driving just the external monitor or using the extened monitor option work fine, allowing the external monitor full resolution.

i think i have confirmed this because, in presentation director (fn f7) > scheme set up > New > Dual Display ... it allows you to adjust the laptop display but defaults to an unchangable 1024x768 on the external display. does the same thing with display port as well as vga.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors