Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jontylol
What's DOS?
Views: 1,281
Message 1 of 2

x61 battery will not charge/is stuck/charging really slowly

Hi, I just purchased an ex-business x61 and the battery seems to be a bit dodgy. When i first booted up it said it was about 90% then suddent it was down to 8, then it died and started recharging, but incredibly slowly, like 1% every hour or something ridiculous. 

I tried doing a battery gauge reset, but it's just taking so long to recharge i don't think it's really going to do anything. Even though it says there's about 20 minutes remaing to full charge...

Here's the battery information for power manager.  http://i.imgur.com/9T5nuUR.png

I've read about some similar problems people have had but didn't find a definite answer.

I'm using a 65W UK charger btw. I know there are some differences between the 65 and 90 but it shouldn't be doing this surely?

So what I was wondering is just a battery issue that a new battery will solve or something more serious?
Thanks Smiley Happy

jontylol
What's DOS?
Views: 1,267
Message 2 of 2

Re: x61 battery will not charge/is stuck/charging really slowly

Ahh just checked the battery recall that they had. I have one of those batteries, previous owner musn't have bothered to do anything about it.

I've ordered a new battery so I'll see if that solves the issue when it comes.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors