Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

45 Posts

10-04-2010

United States of America

48 Signins

474 Page Views

• Views: 474
  • Message 1 of 1

yoga x1 2nd gen, replaced screen, touch not working

2020-07-10, 15:08 PM

I've just replaced my  touchscreen on 2nd gen JD20/SN ******** Bios N1NET49W 1.36. It was a relatively fast, easy replacement. 

Previous broken screen had a crack and half the screen worked with touch as well. New sealed unit should have worked without a hitch, 01AX897). 

The new screen worked on startup, but does not work as a touch screen either in laptop or tablet mode. I tried doing a reset and it hasn't fixed the problem. I thought to do a system rebuild or return to defaults but wonder if that will make any difference or is worth the hassle. I don't see any trouble shooting options. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem is appreciated. 

The replacement number I got from Lenovo was for screen 01AX897 After replacing I found different numbers on old screen the FRU numbers are 00NY445 and a second fru st140SM015AKF. 

I'd prefer not to take the new screen out again to check if numbers are same with the old one, but will do if needed. 

Is there any reason the 01Ax897 wouldn't work as a touch screen? 

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse. Corresponding MT-M is  20JD0022US

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms