IL

7 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 2

yoga x1 gen 2 oled downgrade to IPS or WHQD non oled

2020-01-05, 16:59 PM

Hey guys,

I have a machine which I paid more than 2300$ for. 

I have the issues with OLED flickering. 

As anyone succeeds to downgrade the OLED for IPS 1080p or WHQD? if so which part numbers should I buy?

so I will have a usable machine.

Thanks

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: yoga x1 gen 2 oled downgrade to IPS or WHQD non oled

2020-01-06, 18:31 PM

Hi iHakia!

Welcome to our forums community.

Before you proceed with the downgrade, let's make sure that the problem with the screen is not hardware. Could you try booting to BIOS and check if the flickering persists? To boot to BIOS, follow this: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500222. If not, restart the computer and run the update through the Vantage. Install all detected updates. If the issue is still the same, run a hardware test to check for hardware failure from the Vantage app.

You can check the compatible parts of your machine on this link: https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/partslookup by providing the exact model or serial number. You can also provide the MTM of the machine to us so we could check it for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete