Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

20 Posts

04-20-2011

Spain

28 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 1 of 2

Clear/reenable Bios Config on Helix2 or repair charging -- and saving (me from) a crying boy

2020-04-03, 23:19 PM

Dear Community,

how can I re-enable the internal battery bios setting on a lenovo helix 2 ??
I presume by clearing bios config, but not sure how

Trying removing internal "big" battery and small CMOS  battery during couple of hours, but it didn't help

or either how can I make-it/repair power from charger after a fall

What did happend?

Today my boy fall my old helix and a little dark corner apear on the screen, it is now his personal table, with school things and games and so on...

Nothing "extreme", just a little dark corner, ("we will buy one when we will be able to go out...") but later on he comes crying.

He was saying that the tablet didn't charge, search google, and somewhere he read to go bios and disable and re-enable internal battery

and that was what he did, 

then he disabled it, tablet go dark, and never go up again...

I believe that in the impact, the battery/charging circuit break something, happens to me sometime ago on a previous helix2 also after a fall,

and it didn't charge while turned on, stays "pluged-in" but not charging when tablet was on.

but it charged while the tablet was powerd-off

and now, I have a tablet, that is not charging because internal battery is disabled, that power-cord is not charging for some reason, a crying boy and no way to buy new hardware, or repair it because all these stupid virus ...

What I have done so far:

As tablet is out of warranty and so on, I open it, I unplug the "big" internal battery, and also the small CMOS battery 

I left for a couple of hours, 

and try to turn on, 

nothing happens

I try the reset button (little hole in the side) while off, while battery unplug, while battery plugged, while CMOS unplugged, ... while everything,

but it seems I am not able to erase that setting from bios, so internal battery get re-connected again

so:

how could I clear the bios, or remove that setting in a way?

or either, if someone knows, how to repair the charging/powering from charger to run "wired"

I neither have a external keyboard with battery

all in house:

• the sad tablet (my boy's one)
  • the charger
  • some tools (screwdriver, etc...), not soldering
  • a power supply with which I could load the battery alone, and then plug back to the tablet, but I am afraid that doesn't work as the bios setting

yep, bad times, bad serie of unfortunate events, and a young boy crying...

Options

20 Posts

04-20-2011

Spain

28 Signins

135 Page Views

• Views: 135
  • Message 2 of 2

Clear/reenable Bios Config on Helix2 or repair charging -- and saving (me from) a crying boy

2020-04-04, 18:58 PM
sorry , nobody has a hint ??
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms