Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics

9 Posts


London UK

15 Signins

147 Page Views

  • Posts: 9
  • Registered: ‎10-12-2010
  • Location: London UK
  • Views: 147
  • Message 1 of 2

Direct Bonded screen. Can anyone help me source a part?

2010-10-22, 10:43 AM

I have a Lenovo Think Pad 12.1 X61. Model 776796U.  The one with the pen.


The screen is broken due to someone sitting on a chair that was on the computer (don't ask!)  But the top bit is fine and initially I could still see parts of the screen, use mouse etc and computer worked fine so I am pretty sure it is the screen beneath that needs changing.


 Thanks to this forum (thanks JamesZ Erik and Richk:smileyhappy:) I am am as certain as I can be that I need FRU number 13N7235 - direct bonded screen. 


I have taken it to a laptop mender guy and he says he cannot get the part anywhere from any of his suppliers and he does seem to have tried pretty hard.  He says that is the number on the part is WISTRON P/N:54.25017.011  SU5E- 12S05AS-02X WACOM.  Does anyone know what that means and is it the same as FRU number 13N7235? 


I have spoken to Lenovo direct and they tell me it will be £850 just for the part which is out of the question but I think they were quoting for the whole LCD  The told me over phone I needed FRU 93P5609 and that was what they were quoting for.  I can't work out from the manual which part that is and it may be a red herring anyway.


I don't want to give up on my Lenovo yet as I really like it.  Can anyone think of a creative and more economic way to come by this part?  I've tried ebay!  Does any one have one of these that is available for spares?  Does anyone know where I can get one?






5884 Posts


United States of America

12810 Signins

291275 Page Views

  • Posts: 5884
  • Registered: ‎11-24-2007
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 291275
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Can anyone help me source a part?

2010-10-22, 12:27 PM

"WISTRON P/N:54.25017.011  SU5E- 12S05AS-02X WACOM" is the digitizer, not the LCD.   your laptop repair guy is looking at the wrong decal.   he needs to look at the one on the LCD controller board itself in the upper right-hand corner.   it will say "BOE Hydis" with all the pertinent information on it.   on that decal will be the FRU number.


here is an X61T SXGA+ panel on ebay from a seller who ships worldwide.   however, you need to ask them if the writing surface is included.   the wacom digitizer can be transferred as it's just held on with tape.   finding a panel with the writing surface is what's important here.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop





No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms