Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-30-2008

UK

3 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 1 of 2

Downgrading to XP.

2008-06-30, 19:21 PM

Hi,

I am attempting to downgrade to XP and having quite a few problems. I do not have the Lenovo recovery CD. 

I succesfully installed XP Tablet and service pack 3. However quite a few drivers are not found. This includes both the wireless and the ethernet so connecting the computer to the internet to perform the automated update service is not possible.

I attempted manual installation of the drivers from the Lenovo main site but it had no effect for ethernet and wireless. Some other drivers like audio installed acceptably.

Is there adriver bundle available for each machine? Any way to identify exactly what components are installed to be sure the correct drivers are used?

Kind Thanks 

Options

210 Posts

12-20-2007

NY

560 Signins

2994 Page Views

• Views: 2994
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Downgrading to XP.

2008-07-01, 4:13 AM

Sound odd, you don't have a disc, but successfully XP Tablet installation. I bet you copied an image from other's?

Anyway, you haven't given a machine type. So I couldn't help much, but it's strange that Windows XP could not detect your Ethernet automatically. If your machine was X60 Tablet, this is the driver --> here.

If X61 Tablet, grab it here .

For the rest (drivers & app), I think System Update would do the trick for you. It's much easier than finding yourself.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms