Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-19-2008

USA

20 Signins

277 Page Views

• Views: 277
  • Message 1 of 4

Ezserv service is poor, this will be my last IBM / Lenovo due to quaility issues.

2008-06-19, 16:28 PM
I am having second thoughts about buying an X61T given my issues with the machine.  The bezel pulled away from the LCD, the bezel has cracked up around the edges, and then my hard drive has failed.  I sent the computer in last Wed. for repair.  It arrived in Memphis and has been on-hold since.   The reason I am being told is that the bezel is backordered.   Ezserv will not even provide me with a targeted arrival date for the parts.   My laptop has entered into what seems to be a black hole.  I was told last Thursday that the part would be in on Friday and it did not.  I called back and was told to wait until this Wed to call back so they could escalate my problem.  I called back Wed. and was told that the issue was being escalated but they could not tell me anything else.   Same status today.   I have been an IBM computer user for many years and given this experience I think this will be my last IBM / Lenovo.   I use the computer for work and simply cannot be strung along without any firm commitments regarding when my machine will be repaired.   I told them when I set up the warranty return that one of the issues was the bezel.  Given that this is a common problem, they could have checked  the status of the parts at that time and advised me not the ship the computer back until the parts were in stock.   Given the lack of information and my dependence on my computer I will not buy ezserv ever again.   On-site support is worth the upgrade.    I am now faced with going out and buying a whole new laptop just to keep my business running.   The whole process has and continues to be very frustrating at best.
My IBM problem number is ********
I am one very disappointed customer.
UPDATE 6-24-08:  Still not commitment from Lenovo.   I keep getting the same response from EzServ that they don't know when the parts (bezel) will be back in stock.    I guess it's time to purchase a new laptop to use for my job.  I can't just sut around and wait.  "Ezserv", what a joke!
UPDATE 6-26-08:  Still not commitments from Lenovo.  I have been contacted by someone at IBM as well as Mark_Lenovo and they are working on my case but at this time I don't have any more information than I had on 6/12/08 two weeks ago.
UPDATE 6-28-08:  Still no commitment from IBM / Lenovo.  I have tried to return the call to the IBM rep. 3 times now and have received her voicemail each time.  I have so far left 3 messages.  I have yet to receive a call back and more than 24 hours has passed since the first message was left.  The EzServ web status page is unchanged from 6/12/08.   I am still waiting to hear back from Mark_Lenovo on what he has been able to find out regarding my case.   The executive summary is:  I have no more information regarding my case today than I had 2+ weeks ago.   To say that "communication needs to improve" would be an understatement at best.   I have no other choice than to go out and buy a new laptop this weekend.   I am at the end of my rope...........
UPDATE 6-30-08 I finally got a call from IBM.  They agreed to send my laptop back to me immediately for delivery today (Monday).  They agreed to have an on-site tech come and repair the bezel as they were able to locate the parts through a better supply chain channel than the repair depot had.   I asked for a phone call back to confirm that everything was set-up are ready to go per our conversation.  I have not received a call back, I did not receive my laptop today, and the status page remains unchanged from 6/12/08.  I sent an personal message to Mark_Lenovo late last week asking for an update and have had no response.  The saga continues...........
Message Edited by mhocken on 06-30-2008 12:07 PM
Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Ezserv service is poor, this will be my last IBM / Lenovo due to quaility issues.

2008-06-24, 21:08 PM
mhocken,

Apologies for the delays.  I've received your private message with the case number and will see what can be done to get your system fixed and returned to you. 

I am very sympathetic to your being down, as I certainly couldn't do my job if I had to give up my system.  

Mark

Options

3290 Posts

02-17-2008

Australia

1962 Signins

50408 Page Views

• Views: 50408
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Ezserv service is poor, this will be my last IBM / Lenovo due to quaility issues.

2008-06-24, 23:43 PM
X61T parts are usually very rare, given the number of sale as compared to other models, all the plastic used are from Mitsubishi heavy industry, which is a dominant player in ABS plastic producer. But since Mark is helping you, you are in safe hand now.
Options

1 Posts

04-04-2008

Cincinnati, OH

29 Signins

259 Page Views

• Views: 259
  • Message 4 of 4

2008-06-26, 14:21 PM
I too have had issues with EasyServ. My tablet (X61) is at the depot waiting for parts (3 weeks). I have sent Mark a PM so hopefully that might help speed the process.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms