Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

02-10-2008

USA

16 Signins

182 Page Views

• Views: 182
  • Message 1 of 3

Fuzzy display when screen is rotated.

2008-02-10, 5:01 AM
I'm wondering anybody has the same problem, which is blurry display with the screen rotation. It looks fine at normal direction - primary landscape, but it becomes fuzzy when the screen is rotated at three other directions - priamry portrait, secondary landscape and portrait. I'm using x61t, 7764CTO (SXGA).

I already asked both sides, lenovo and interl support. It's funny to hear that they ask me to ask the other side because that's not their problem - manufactuing issue vs. graphic driver issue.

I'd appreciate it if anyone let me know anything about this.

Message Edited by eitima on 02-09-2008 09:03 PM
Options

31 Posts

01-06-2008

USA

112 Signins

435 Page Views

• Views: 435
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Fuzzy display when screen is rotated.

2008-02-10, 6:12 AM
I have noticed this too.  I wouldn't necessarilly say FUZZY, but certainly not as sharp.  not really sure why the opposite secondary landscape isn't as good.

what to do about it?
Options

14 Posts

01-07-2008

Chicago, IL

41 Signins

669 Page Views

• Views: 669
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Fuzzy display when screen is rotated.

2008-02-11, 20:40 PM
The reason for this is inherant to all LCD screens. I could be wrong in the details but this is essnetially the issue:

Each pixel is made up of red, green and blue. A combination of these creates the different colors. Windows uses things like "Cleartype" to try and gain some extra sharpness/clarity by better utilizing these three colors in the pixel. The problem is, when you turn the screen, the dots are rearranged differently. But, Windows still treats it the same way. Obviously, the orientation of the pixels is different in each of the four ways you can hold your screen. This is why some angles look better than the others.

Hope this helps.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms