Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

02-23-2008

Portland, OR

7 Signins

97 Page Views

• Views: 97
  • Message 1 of 4

Gap between touch screen material and LCD

2008-02-23, 15:57 PM
I just received my X61 tablet back from repair and after opening the box, the film over the LCD appeared to have moisture under it.  Upon further inspection, the back of my 1 month old tablet was replaced with an older style cover with the IBM logo instead of the Lenovo branded cover.  The gap seems to be caused by pressure around the LCD frame.
What really bothers me is that the repair was to replace the locking mechanism on the frame and not the entire back cover.  Now when I write on the screen, the pen tip has to be pushed harder to get through the air gap to the LCD.  I've lost the once great sensitivity.  When I look at the screen at any slight angle, the text gets fuzzy and the colors change.  There used to be no gap before sending it it. 

Does anyone own the X61 Multitouch/Multiview with an air gap between the film and LCD? 
Is there a gap between the X60 film and LCD?

I would hate to think I just paid for a new X61 and they unnecessarily replaced the LCD with the X60.

Options

3290 Posts

02-17-2008

Australia

1962 Signins

50408 Page Views

• Views: 50408
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Gap between touch screen material and LCD

2008-02-23, 16:14 PM
that sounds unusual, because my friends one don't seem to have the same problem.... maybe give lenovo a call and tell them they have not replaced the screen system properly and ask them to do it again.....
Options

50 Posts

02-03-2008

Wasaga Beach,Ontario, Canada

31 Signins

1185 Page Views

• Views: 1185
  • Message 3 of 4

2008-02-25, 4:25 AM
          I don't mean to point out the obvious, but is there an invisible layer of protective plastic film on the screen. ( like on the face of a new watch or something.)

Drinking my diet Pepsi,

dietpepsiaddict:smileywink:
Options

5 Posts

02-23-2008

Portland, OR

7 Signins

97 Page Views

• Views: 97
  • Message 4 of 4

2008-02-25, 21:48 PM
It looks like there is a think layer.  I notice this gap becaust the right side of the screen doesn't have any gap while the left has a gap.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms