Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

45 Posts

05-02-2013

United States of America

203 Signins

847 Page Views

• Views: 847
  • Message 1 of 11

Got notice that the LTE version is available

2013-07-05, 14:23 PM

I had plans to buy one when it came out, but all of the issues reported has totally stopped that idea...

Options

112 Posts

07-05-2013

Appalchia

139 Signins

1447 Page Views

• Views: 1447
  • Message 2 of 11

Re: Got notice that the LTE version is available

2013-07-05, 17:42 PM
Issues are generally reported in a forum, so if you didn't expect to see them here soon after a new product launch, you might want to reconsider being an early adopter.
Helix: 3697 CTO.

Thinkpad user since IBM. I do not work for Lenovo or any entity working for Lenovo.
Options

45 Posts

05-02-2013

United States of America

203 Signins

847 Page Views

• Message 3 of 11

2013-07-05, 20:47 PM

yes, forums have been around a while .. me too

the issues being reported with this device are many, thus the reason for my comment.  Many are from folks who appear to regret purchasing... another great reason to read the forum... thus my decision to wait on the Surface Pro release with LTE.

;)

Options

112 Posts

07-05-2013

Appalchia

139 Signins

1447 Page Views

• Message 4 of 11

2013-07-05, 23:47 PM
you say "many", could you quantify?

Thinkpad user since IBM. I do not work for Lenovo or any entity working for Lenovo.
Options

29 Posts

04-29-2013

Minnesota, USA

120 Signins

1489 Page Views

• Views: 1489
  • Message 5 of 11

2013-07-06, 0:27 AM

All the EXTREMLEY happy buyers are busy having fun and productive times with this brilliant piece of technology.  Works like a charm, very few issues at all, which for a bleeding edge technology is surprising.

As my daughter says, haters gotta hate!

Options

45 Posts

05-02-2013

United States of America

203 Signins

847 Page Views

• Message 6 of 11

2013-07-06, 0:50 AM
wow, hater? not! I was counting on this to be the answer to my job requirements. this device is a great idea!

but you really need to come up with something new. hater?

why you are suggesting that all these folks having problems are reporting false problems is strange to me. over heating, poor performance, poor displays. I guess these problems are just all fabricated.

hater? nope! if I am going to drop 2k+ for a computer - it isn't going to be a POS... ;)

Have fun, oh and be careful with it around your daughter. she might burn her herself with it.

;)

Options

45 Posts

05-02-2013

United States of America

203 Signins

847 Page Views

• Message 7 of 11

2013-07-06, 0:52 AM
read the forum that you wisely suggested it purpose... or not... i care not...
Options

29 Posts

04-29-2013

Minnesota, USA

120 Signins

1489 Page Views

• Views: 1489
  • Message 8 of 11

2013-07-06, 4:21 AM

I was not attacking you or your problems.  Nor implying the people here are having real problems.  I was explaining why you see a proportion of complaints on the forums.

Read the posts.  It's amazing how many never come back (event to say thanks) after the solution is posted.

And this forum has a very tiny sample of the people who've bought this excellent piece of equipment.  I did hesitate as well, but there's just nothing out there yet that compares.  Every alternative has major drawbacks.  The drawback on the Helix is money.

I also think the Helix attracts a rather demanding group.  If they were okay with a crappy keyboard, they'd buy the Surface.  If they didn't need a  corporate-approved established brand, they'd go Asus. 

The Helix buyer wants a convertible tablet with 9 hours of battery, full Wintel compatibility, a top speed processor, and in many cases LTE connectivity.  And most of them are getting it.

But early adopters need to know there's a cost.... any new product needs to get the kinks out.  I'm really surprised at the lack of problems I've had given this and what I read here.

Good Luck,

Options

112 Posts

07-05-2013

Appalchia

139 Signins

1447 Page Views

• Message 9 of 11

2013-07-06, 13:01 PM
TJoeC shares my sentiments exactly.

Look, stso0daa, it's obvious you're reluctant to spend the money. The problem is that you're seeing some complaints from a vocal minority and extrapolating it to somehow imply massive defects across the entire product line. This is rarely the case, as it is with much of technology, engineering or manufacturing, there will always be a small percentage of products just below tolerance. My company deals with it, just as I'm sure every company today deals with it.

However, if you are too intimidated to work around some of the issues faced by early adopters AND you are reluctant to spend the money then I would say this is not the product to spend your money on nor is it time for you to become an early adopter.

Whatever you choose, I hope it fits the bill for you. I just hope you don't find it necessary to create a new post to tell everyone.

Options

45 Posts

05-02-2013

United States of America

203 Signins

847 Page Views

• Message 10 of 11

2013-07-07, 13:31 PM

wrote:
TJoeC shares my sentiments exactly.

Look, stso0daa, it's obvious you're reluctant to spend the money. The problem is that you're seeing some complaints from a vocal minority and extrapolating it to somehow imply massive defects across the entire product line. This is rarely the case, as it is with much of technology, engineering or manufacturing, there will always be a small percentage of products just below tolerance. My company deals with it, just as I'm sure every company today deals with it.

However, if you are too intimidated to work around some of the issues faced by early adopters AND you are reluctant to spend the money then I would say this is not the product to spend your money on nor is it time for you to become an early adopter.

Whatever you choose, I hope it fits the bill for you. I just hope you don't find it necessary to create a new post to tell everyone.

Bermbeard

I post based upon expectations and results I have read regarding the Helix.   Not just some random dig.  I take the issues being reported as fact.   I read where you suggested that a device that gets too hot is not suited for a user. I find that response totally off the wall.  This was $2900 dropped on a device that you casually suggest buy a different one. 

Your downplay of the issues being reported is not going to make them disappear.  This design, for people like myself, is the answer to several mobility needs.

I will post as long as I feel the need. Not based upon some light users (yourself and TJoeC) telling me not to.

Regards.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms