07-06-2015

NC

51 Signins

471 Page Views

• Views: 471
  • Message 1 of 2

Helix Gen 1,wierd battery/keyboard issues

2015-07-11, 18:11 PM

I am having reoccurring issues with my Helix laptop.

Today, when using the laptop the keyboard stopped working. I turned it off and could not turn it back on. I plugged in the AC adapter into the base and the laptop would not turn on. I removed the tablet from base and managed to turn it on. The battery was at 67%. Unplugged the AC adapter and attached the base and plugged the AC adapter into the base. The keyboard/trackpad would not work. The tablet was not seeing the keyboard battery. The Lenovo status program said I had a zero volt adapter plug in. I powered down the system, unplugged the adapter and removed the tablet and pressed the reset on the base. the keyboard still did not work. I then tried the reset on the tablet. Now everything works. The base battery was at 3% and the tablet battery is at 67%. Status reports a 45V adapter and the system is charging. Both batteries were listed as good.

This happens fairly often. It seems like when the base battery drops to a certain level, the keyboard stops working and a hard reset is needed. How can I fix this? As I understand it, the system uses the base battery first and then the tablet battery, In my case, the problem seems that once the base battery is depleted the the keyboard/trackpad stops working unless a hard reset is preformed and the AC adapter plugged in. This can't be the way it should work.

I have had the base battery replaced last year. The keyboard has been replaced three times. I have manually updated the bios, the keyboard firmware, the power management drivers, the hotkey features integration,  the dependency package, the settings dependency package and applied the  registry patch to enable KBD/TrackPoint/TouchPad . I also ran the Lenovo driver update program to update any other drivers. After all that, the problem still happens.

The laptop is still under warranty but I haven't had much luck with the local authorized repair shop. Any suggestions on what to try next? I have gotten to the point where I purchased a T420 as backup.

Options

20 Posts

07-06-2015

NC

51 Signins

471 Page Views

• Views: 471
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Helix Gen 1,wierd battery/keyboard issues

2015-07-21, 17:39 PM

This has happen again, This time the tablet battery was ar 97% and the base battery was 3%. A hard reset of the base fixed the problem.

Any idea if this is a software/firmware issue or is it a hardware issue?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete