Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

39 Posts

04-19-2013

Canada

135 Signins

867 Page Views

• Views: 867
  • Message 1 of 2

Helix can't power USB external drive

2013-06-05, 1:30 AM

Is anyone else finding that the Helix can't consistently power a USB-powered external drive? I have an SSD in a USB 3.0 enclosure. Most of the time I can access files and not lose the connection. However, I can't run a backup job (from the external drive to a folder on my Helix's drive); about half way through the external drive simply disconnects. I use the exact same drive on other laptops and desktops with no problem. This problem occurs in tablet mode (i.e., plugged into USB 2.0 port on the tablet portion), and in docked mode (plugged into one of the two USB 3.0 ports -- doesn't matter which one). It also doesn't matter if the Helix is plugged in or on battery.

Options

11 Posts

06-22-2013

USA

8 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Helix can't power USB external drive

2013-06-29, 3:04 AM

I am having a similar problem... but only in laptop mode... I plugged in a flash drive and nothing. I plugged in my iPhone 5 and nothing. Neither of the ports on the keyboard/dock work with USB drives. They do seem to work fine with my targus dock however.

Everything seems to work fine in tablet mode however.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms