Options

2 Posts

09-17-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

Helix gen 2 battery problem related to keyboard dock issue?

2020-09-17, 16:55 PM

Greetings, I'm trying to restore a gen 2 Helix, and part of the problem seems to be a dead battery in the tablet section. After attempting to charge it for some time, my voltmeter only detects a 0.018 V charge. The device works fine with power supply plugged into the tablet section and I use a USB keyboard. However if I try powering the device through supply plugged into keyboard dock, it shows splash screen, and immediately powers down, and tries to reboot 3 times before failing. If I try to power the device with supply into the tablet while it is docked with keyboard, I see the same rebooting and failure. I checked the battery in the dock and it shows 7.8 V, and holds it over some days without use, so it should have power. Does anyone know if replacing the tablet battery could solve this issue, or whether something else might be wrong with the keyboard dock connection? Thanks!

Options

10 Posts

07-22-2020

Bulgaria

10 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Helix gen 2 battery problem related to keyboard dock issue?

2020-10-29, 9:48 AM

I know this is not the most valuable input, but I'd suggest you change the dead battery first and foremost, before diagnosing any further problems with dock connectivity. You're going to need a (at least slightly) working battery in the tablet itself if you want to use it as anything more than a wired tablet (who needs such a thing lol)

About why it happens, I suppose it's something to do with the battery priorities. The charge port in the dock apparently prioritizes charging the dock battery instead of the main battery, hence why it doesn't work when plugged in that way. Why the tablet part doesn't draw power from the dock battery on boot might have something to do with software/firmware, since at splash screen it is loading the kernel still, it doesn't know what devices and whatnot there are connected to the device.

So yeah, change the tablet battery and write back. :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms