Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

50 Posts

04-27-2013

USA

65 Signins

273 Page Views

• Views: 273
  • Message 1 of 3

Helix screen gets dimmer when viewing dark web pages

2013-06-23, 1:11 AM

I had this problem on my X201, nobody ever fixed it other than telling me to turn off the battery profile for power saving. What is the story here Lenovo? I mean this is really annoying. If I view a dark web page, the screen becomes dim SUCH THAT when I return to the white and light web page, it's now dim and washed out, and I have to wait around 20 seconds before it returns to proper contrast.

Trust me, this is not how things should be.

Options

32 Posts

06-07-2013

Morrisville, NC

187 Signins

1750 Page Views

• Views: 1750
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Helix screen gets dimmer when viewing dark web pages

2013-06-24, 2:40 AM

This sounds like it has to do with "Adaptive brightness" settings. It's a windows 8 setting. If you disable this (it's in PC settings I believe) it might fix your problem. White screens/webpages give off more light than darker apps and pages. This light can affect how bright the area is where the ambient light sensor is located. I haven't investigated this specifically on the Helix but I have noticed this in rare cirumstances while delibrately testing ALS on other models. This theory goes along with waitng 20 seconds for it to adjust you mentioned as well.

Options

8 Posts

12-13-2011

china

24 Signins

146 Page Views

• Views: 146
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Helix screen gets dimmer when viewing dark web pages

2013-06-26, 11:34 AM

close the Adaptive brightness,the screen still gets dimmer on the grale front color with white back color.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms