Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

07-09-2013

USA

12 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 1 of 8

Helix sometimes won't wake from sleep

2013-09-18, 7:30 AM

Sometimes my Helix refuses to wake up from sleep. The led on the tablet portion continues to blink even as I furiously press the power button. In contrast, the led on the base (if the tablet is docked) becomes solid red, as if the computer is on.  It happens to me once a day on average, which is a pain. The only solution has been to hold the power button down until the helix shuts off. Has this happened to anyone else?

I believe I am on the latest BIOS. But I have not installed the latest options Lenovo Power Management Driver. 

Options

85 Posts

06-16-2013

Poland

279 Signins

1019 Page Views

• Views: 1019
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Helix sometimes won't wake from sleep

2013-09-18, 11:02 AM

Do you have the BIOS from the 10th of September?

I didn't have any issues since I updated. Also it added the possibility to wake from sleep using the Windows button on the tablet, which is much more convinient than the, hard to press, power button.

I'm running on the latest BIOS and all latest drivers and it actually runs quite well and cool (around 50 deg C). Noiseless together with TP Fan Control.

I have reinstalled Windows recently after playing around with the drivers etc. and running all stock & latest versions it actually works very good, no issues.

Options

13 Posts

07-09-2013

USA

12 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

Re: Helix sometimes won't wake from sleep

2013-09-27, 3:48 AM

Hey, thanks so much for your reply. Sorry for my slowness, I suddenly got buried under work. 

I didn't have the new BIOS. Thanks for that. Unfortunately, it hasn't solved the problem. A couple of days after updating, it happened again. To be clear, this isn't something that always happens. More like once in 10 or even 20 times. Still, it's enough that I am nervous each time I try to wake the computer. Which is no good. 

I have no other serious problems, and also use tpfancontrol. 

Options

13 Posts

07-09-2013

USA

12 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

Re: Helix frequently won't wake from sleep, needs to be rebooted

2013-10-02, 23:55 PM

Wow, my problem has become much more frequent after the last BIOS update. Now this happens one time in three or four, and it's really a big problem. To recap, what happens is that when I try to wake the Helix from sleep, the led on the base turns solid red, but the led on the tablet continues to blink and the computer does not respond. The only option is to hard reboot. I have lost data on more than one occasion, and I can't trust my computer any more. 

Does anyone else have a similar problem? Please help!

Options

112 Posts

07-05-2013

Appalchia

139 Signins

1447 Page Views

• Views: 1447
  • Message 5 of 8

2013-10-04, 17:25 PM
  • Are you using the same hibernate file from !indows 8? If so, disable hibernate, reboot, renable hibernte, reboot (or delete, reboot) and check for issues.

• Has the BIOS settings been changed?
  • Is hybrid-sleep enabled or disabled?
Helix: 3697 CTO.

Thinkpad user since IBM. I do not work for Lenovo or any entity working for Lenovo.
Options

13 Posts

07-09-2013

USA

12 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2013-10-05, 1:07 AM

Hey Bermbeard,

Thanks for your response. 

1. When I mention waking from sleep, I do mean sleep / suspend other than hibernate. Might the hibernation file still be responsible for a problem?

2. No bios setting has been changed. 

3. Yes, hybrid-sleep is enabled. Presumably by default?

Options

112 Posts

07-05-2013

Appalchia

139 Signins

1447 Page Views

• Views: 1447
  • Message 7 of 8

2013-10-06, 12:51 PM
Hybrid sleep will prevent hibernate, so I wanted to make sure there weren't other conflicts.

There are actually multiple reasons why sleep would stop working properly. We'll just have to go down the list and try to isolate the culprit. If you are comfortable working in command line, run these commands to check the system settings and events for sleep.

powercfg -a

powercfg -getactivescheme

powercfg lastwake

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

If you're sure you have all the latest MS updates and lenovo resources, skip the next.

There is a MS KB (released in June 2013) that deals with a specific issue where a special file ($ Secure) becomes corrupted due to a failed write operation in the ($ Secure) file. This, however, is a very specific instance and would require a system restore.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2845533

Are there any USB device is connected to the Helix during wake? There may be a conflict with some devices.

Have there been any changes to the power management for HID devices (updated drivers, etc.) -- check these in device manager.

Is there a software on startup that is preventing sleep to wake? You can use msconfig to disable unnecessary startup programs.
Helix: 3697 CTO.

Thinkpad user since IBM. I do not work for Lenovo or any entity working for Lenovo.
Options

11 Posts

10-19-2013

Stockholm

20 Signins

191 Page Views

• Views: 191
  • Message 8 of 8

2013-10-19, 9:47 AM

I have this problem too.

It used to happen from time to time earlier but after updating to bios 1.15 it's gotten a lot worse. If the computer goes into sleep mode while being docked I have about 50% chance to get it back online. The computer seems to have no problem if I remove it from the keyboard, but this is not working out very well for me during a normal work day.

I also seem to have some trouble booting the computer when it is docked. If I reset both conputer and dock, then connect them and try to start the computer it will only bootup 50% of the times I try, when it fails it will not even show the "Lenovo" logo. I've never had any problem booting the computer when it's not connected to the keyboard.

I've tried updating the firmware for the keyboard dock but it made no difference.

I don't think it's related to power settings in Windows, as the computer actually fails to load bios and since this only happens when it is docked.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms