Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

25 Posts

10-25-2008

the Netherlands

14 Signins

181 Page Views

• Views: 181
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenov X60 tablet Wireless Connection Issue

2008-11-17, 13:04 PM

Hello,

I have an issue with my wireless radio. I have a Lenovo X60 tablet. My computer has an Intel Pro/1000 PL network connection and an intel pro/wireless 3945ABG network connection.

Can anyone help me?

Every time I activate the wireless connection with the slider at the front of the X60tablet a light turns on the screen bezel showing the wireless card is on. Next when I check the connection is on via Fn+F5 is shows its off with no option to turn it on in this menu. The Lenovo wireless connection software also has a button to turn on the wirless radio. When I do this however I get a prompt telling me that the hardware for wireless communication in the BIOS setup menu is on "radio off" or is disabled by te manual switch. I checked the bios menu but could not find a wireless radio turned off.

What could be the issue to this problem?

Options

147 Posts

11-13-2008

Scotland

163 Signins

2737 Page Views

• Views: 2737
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenov X60 tablet Wireless Connection Issue

2008-11-17, 17:05 PM

Go into the BIOS. check under network if Wireless LAN is activated. if so go into the device manager and remove the wireless lan card out of the system. Reboot your machine and let Windows install the driver. You should be fine. Otherweise run PC DOC for Windows or the latest lenovo System Toolbox to check if the card runs all tests ok.

If not I'd consider your wireless lan card to be broken.

Cheers

Chris

Options

2 Posts

12-31-2014

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenov X60 tablet Wireless Connection Issue

2014-12-31, 22:10 PM

Hi I have a Lenovo X60 ThinkPad. All of a sudden the wifi connectivity got off. The green light is also not on. Please guide me how to activate the wifi connectivity. Is there a swith for wifi on/off? Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms