Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

88 Posts

05-04-2013

Australia

163 Signins

1026 Page Views

• Views: 1026
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Helix compatible Stylus with eraser?

2013-05-07, 1:51 AM

Hoping for some input as to which Wacom Stylus will work on the Helix with reverse eraser functionality. I was looking at the Wacom Feel but it doesn't seem to have any different functionality to the Helix stylus, only different size and feel.

____
Lenovo Helix i7 256gb... wish I bought a Surface Pro for better support...
Options

83 Posts

03-28-2013

USA

168 Signins

786 Page Views

• Views: 786
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Helix compatible Stylus with eraser?

2013-05-07, 12:31 PM

I am using a pen for the samsung galaxy note 10.1 and it works fine with eraser.  Better feel than the helix pen.  I just do not like the fact you have to take the Helix pen out of its hold.er to ink.

dave

Options

39 Posts

04-19-2013

Canada

135 Signins

867 Page Views

• Views: 867
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Helix compatible Stylus with eraser?

2013-05-13, 18:36 PM

The Helix uses the Wacom drivers. That means you can use the stylus/pen that comes with the Helix and lives in a housing in the tablet part, or you can use any Wacom “Penabled” pen. I find the Lenovo-supplied pen to be too skinny for comfort, and the button is flush, making it hard to press. It also does not have a built-in eraser (a minus in my book because I’m a sloppy writer and erase a lot). On the plus side, there are lots of alternatives out there. The stylus I bought for my Latitude 10 works fine (Dell part number 332-0102). I also bought a Wacom “Penabled Tablet PC Eraser Pen (Mfg. Part#: UP710E). It’s identical to the Dell except it’s grey and has no clip. Lenovo does not supply spare nibs. If you write a lot you’ll need a new nib sooner or later. My favourite is the Wacom “Hard Felt” nib (Wacom SKU ACK20003). It’s hard to find, but writes beautifully. One problem I’ve run into is the fact that you can’t use another pen if the Lenovo pen is fully inside its housing. If there’s a setting to turn this off, please let me know! It’s a hassle to have to pull the Lenovo pen out to be able to use mine.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)