Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

10-31-2015

Denmark

29 Signins

195 Page Views

• Views: 195
  • Message 1 of 4

Lock screen - Windows Hello

2017-01-25, 10:23 AM

My Helix 2 (20CG) is annoying me to the brink of... After leaving it unattended for 2 minutes, it locks itself with lock screen and requires log in again with fingerprint or PIN. Very annoying, when I'm taking a note or listnening to the radio for a few sentences, it locks and I have to log in again. Tried various solutions, found on Go..., amongst them tweaking the registry, but nothing helped.

In the login settings, Windows tells me "windows hello is preventing some options from being shown" - the option to demand a log in, when I've been away is still there, but greyed out. 

There are lots of "solved" topics out there in the sky, but nothing worked for me. I have changed the settings from beeing a part of a company network to private computer, I'm on a private, trusted network, nothing helps.

Somewhere I have read something about the Trusted Platform Module, does this have something to do with this?

I hope there's someone out there, able to help me...

BTW: I'm running Win10 Pro 64bit, Anniversary  Update (1607)

Options

11949 Posts

01-02-2010

United States of America

40246 Signins

423654 Page Views

• Views: 423654
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lock screen - Windows Hello

2017-01-25, 17:09 PM

It is hard to be sure witrhout seeing it, but if it was a company computer, there may be some policy settings that make it difficult to configure as a private person's machine.  If that is the issue, easiest is a clean install, but you can try playing with the policy editor.  Do a google search.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Options

13 Posts

10-31-2015

Denmark

29 Signins

195 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2017-01-26, 14:01 PM
Actually I did a clean install - and it was set to company computer, obviously as standard. My two other Thinkpads, Helix 1 and T61p, where also set as company computers, when I did a clean install on them, found out, when I had problems with a ghost homegroup.
Options

13 Posts

10-31-2015

Denmark

29 Signins

195 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2017-02-01, 17:19 PM

Now I did a rela clean install (from USB stick, with format drive aso.). 

Turns out, when Windows just was installed, it said Windows Hello isn't available on my computer. After installing drivers, it was, but no settings where hidden. I was able to adjust the time, until I have to log in angain (set it to never) - BUT: When I registered fingerprints to log on, I was back again at "windows hello is preventing some options from being shown" - and the drop down for time before log in was grayed out again and set to always...

So, it's Microsoft, who don't want us as customers to take control of our own machines. Seems a bit paternalistic to me, I tend to feel like a small child, that gets a slap on the wrist...

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms