Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-17-2008

Canada

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 6

My tablet pen is not working

2008-06-17, 18:57 PM
Does anyone know why the pen would not be working on my tablet? It's actually not the pen, since I've tested it on another identical tablet, and it works perfectly. Is there a setting on the computer that toggles it on and off, for example? Where do I look?

Thanks.
Options

210 Posts

12-20-2007

NY

560 Signins

2994 Page Views

• Views: 2994
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: My tablet pen is not working

2008-06-17, 20:10 PM
I think it's a driver issue. Updating the driver might do the trick.

Otherwise, you may check at device manager (start >> type "devmgmt.msc") whether your wacom driver is still there or not.
Options

3 Posts

06-17-2008

Canada

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 3 of 6

2008-06-17, 20:50 PM
You're probably right. I was beginning to suspect that myself. Thanks.
Options

1 Posts

06-18-2008

Denver, CO

5 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 4 of 6

X61 pen input problems

2008-06-18, 5:48 AM
Hi,
I recently got an X61 tablet notepad (model 7762H7U) so I could give presentations that had a 'live' element.  I tried out the pen input when first receiving the notepad and everything worked fine.  Actually better than I expected, perfect for the presentations in mind.

So, this was approximately 6 weeks ago.  More recently, actually just the other day, I go and try to use the pen input.  The result was some very weird behaviour.  Let me see if I can explain what happens when I go to use the pen:
- Firstly, the problems only occur when I bring the pen to be within approx. 1 inch of the screen.
- Beyond this, the behaviour appears to be random.
- Really odd things occur like: applications close, applications open, the table pc input panel appears and disappears.
- I don't believe the touch input works, which is not good given the unit is meant to be a MultiView + MultiTouch model.
- A mouse appears and 'hovers' somewhere on the screen, but beyond this doens't do anything/help.  (Am I correct in assuming this is for the touch input?  I didn't use the notepad enough, when it was working properly, to see this...)

The short version of this is that I simply can't use the pen input, nor the touch input.

And no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the system to work.  Has anyone seen behaviour of this type?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Options

14 Posts

05-12-2008

USA

14 Signins

332 Page Views

• Views: 332
  • Message 5 of 6

2008-06-18, 17:00 PM
Had you upgraded the wacom drivers previously?  (Usually people do this to enable touch sensitivity for certain programs, like adobe products.)

I did this in order to remap my pen button to erase...but the multitouch and pen drivers like to duke it out, apparently.  Check out my post for more (and hopefully a solution, eventually): http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=X_Series_Tablet_ThinkPads&thread.id=951

Options

1 Posts

06-18-2008

Xenia, OH

2 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 6 of 6

2008-06-18, 18:26 PM
This happens to me sometimes when I remove my tablet from the docking station.

My workaround:  Open Control Panel, click "System", click "Hardware", click "Device Manager".  Usually, one of the devices under "Human Interface Devices", such as "HID-Compliant device" will have a warning on it.  This means that it is not functioning properly.

Right-click that device, click "Uninstall".  Then right-click on the heading for that device, and click "Scan for hardware changes".  Your table will find the device and install it for the one that was a problem, and then continue to install others that were screwed up as well.

Sometimes the device that it re-installs will be non-functioning still.  Simply repeat the process.  In this case, everytime for me at least, the device will be perfect the 3rd time around.

I think that something simply gets "out of sync" when the tablet is removed from the docking station.  (related to other software necessary for work or something - I don't know)  I have to do this about every other time I remove my tablet from the docking station.

Hope this works for you.

Chris.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms