Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

47 Posts

03-31-2009

United States of America

36 Signins

285 Page Views

• Views: 285
  • Message 1 of 3

NT kernel and System runs CPU at 25% after wakeup.

2013-04-01, 19:15 PM
I rently upgraded my Thinkad X220T to Windows 8. However, whenever my computer wakeups from sleep, the NT kernel and System would start and run the CPU at 25%. The fan also keeps running and my battery life goes down to a bit more than an hour. I recently searched for solutions and it seems that this is due to drivers, does anyone here have any idea how to fix this? Thanks

Options

1302 Posts

12-06-2012

Raleigh, NC

545 Signins

33643 Page Views

• Views: 33643
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: NT kernel and System runs CPU at 25% after wakeup.

2013-04-02, 22:37 PM

Hi, x61yang

Have you ensured that all drivers and components of the system have been updated? If not, that would be the first thing I would recommend. All drivers for your system can be found here.

Best,

Adam

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution!" This will help the rest of the community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Options

1 Posts

04-14-2016

United States of America

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: NT kernel and System runs CPU at 25% after wakeup.

2016-04-14, 20:57 PM

I am adding to this rather old post so as to help anyone now with this issue! I recently acquired a Lenovo Thinkpad x230 laptop and installed Windows 10 on it right away. I used all of the Lenovo drivers, but soon after getting everything setup, I noticed the CPU temps were really high after my laptop would wake from sleep. Resource Manager showed the System process over 25 in the average cpu column. I fired up Process Explorer and saw that it was risdxc64.sys that was causing the problem. A search showed it was the driver for the Ricoh Media Card Reader. I upgraded the driver and the cpu usage dropped instantly.

This could very well be the same issue for anyone visiting this page, but it also could be another driver as well. Hopefully this will help you fix your high cpu temp issues as well!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms