Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

03-06-2008

California

4 Signins

146 Page Views

• Views: 146
  • Message 1 of 2

Pen/Stylus unresponsive after scratching out word

2008-03-06, 1:19 AM
Sometimes, the Pen / Stylus becomes unresponsive after scratching out word; I scratch out the word, moving back and forth a few times and it freezes, and the Pen/Stylus is then useless.

So far, restarting my machine resolves the issue.

• Does any one know which windows service(s) and/or process(s) that  start on windows 'startup'?

I would like to be able to reinitialize the drivers, so I don't have to keep restarting my machine.

• Has anyone had this problem, and tried updating the Wacom Penable Driver with any success?

I'm a little afraid to update it because I don't want to make the problem worse, or break it altogether.

Thanks for your help,

Man qua man
Options

7 Posts

03-06-2008

California

4 Signins

146 Page Views

• Views: 146
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Pen/Stylus unresponsive after scratching out word

2008-03-09, 20:31 PM
I have an update.  I haven't found out anything new from Lenovo or Wacom, but I've been tinkering around, observing what happens. 

The pen/stylus still freezes once in a while, and I've have not been able to find a "direct" means to "reenabling" it, i.e., I haven't found an explicit source for the problem such as a bad driver, or some button I can do to make the pen/stylus and the laptop start to interact with each other again.

However, (interestingly enough), if I place my note book in "sleep mode," and/or "suspend," then bring it back the pen/stylus relationship is rebuilt/reconnected and it works fine.  I've tried this several times when it freezes and it works consistently.

With a little more information about a) Wacom / Pen relationship b) the Wacom / Pen relationship to the notebook c) the "sleep mode / suspend" operation, we could start to piece together what the cause is.

That is to say, what happens when the laptop is placed into sleep mode, vs what happens when it is brought out of sleep, i.e., what operations does the laptop re-initialize when it wakes up? 

The bad news is all of this, although, ultimately knowable, is probably too tecnical and/or would just take too much time to figure out.  Someone at Lenovo / Wacom, who is more technical, will ulitimately have to figure it out and fix it. :-)

All and all, I'm happy it is still working, apparently some people's stylus just totally stops working.

Thanks again for the update.

man qua man
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms