Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

07-10-2008

Chillicothe Ohio

8 Signins

268 Page Views

• Views: 268
  • Message 1 of 7

Problem with Repair Service

2008-07-10, 10:09 AM

I need some help. I sent my x61 in 6 weeks ago for a problem screen. This machine is less than a year old. I bought a three year warranty. They sent it back 2 weeks later with the wrong type of screen attached. Waited for the box again. Sent it back and waited a week or so. Nothing. I call and get jerked around. Please call back Wed. as the status should update by then. Call Wed and am told that the parts are coming from China and they won't have them till July 11th. This is getting crazy and they "escalate" my problem to some joker named Greg Sxxxx who has been giving me the run around with this real caring voice or just plain not returning my phone calls. This has been going on for over a week now. I spoke with him this afternoon and he said someone would be getting right back with me from technical as my machine had been in testing for two days and failed. Nobody called.... and Greg is now on vacation until July 17th according to his voicemail.

What does someone do in this situation. Does Lenovo or IBM have an ombudsman or something similar that I can take my complaint to. Since it is not very old and the can not fix it even given 6 weeks am I out of line in insisting the provide me with a new machine? I am getting ready to go away for a month and I am going to have to go buy another laptop if this doesn't pan out real quick.
I live in the USA and don't have my claim number is someone from Lenovo actually follows these forums. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Edward Del Grosso

Note from Moderator:  Edited subject to be more descriptive.

Message Edited by nonny on 07-10-2008 07:14 PM
Options

6 Posts

07-10-2008

Chillicothe Ohio

8 Signins

268 Page Views

• Message 2 of 7

Re: Repair

2008-07-10, 14:36 PM

Just an update.

Imagine my suprise when the DHL guy showed up with my machine today after having been told it was in testing and someone was going to be calling me last night.

Turned it on.  XGA screen again.  Machine boots.  Login BSOD.  After all this time and all this aggravation it is like nothing at all has been done.  It is going to be a real pleasure calling support and trying to get anything resembling reasonable accomplished.

ED

Options

6 Posts

07-10-2008

Chillicothe Ohio

8 Signins

268 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

Re: Problem with Repair Service

2008-07-11, 0:45 AM

One last update because I just have to give up.  These people are turning me into a rabid animal.

Called up Lenovo support  again.  I spoke to a succession of three people who demonstrated virtually no knowledge of my problem.  They insisted all they could do was send me another box or help me troubleshoot my BSOD!  I was on the phone

for almost 2 hours before I spoke with someone who said they would have a repair person come to my house....... on MONDAY.

So ok.... whatever.  Since I've had this problem I've looked through these forums and it is plainly clear that this once great brand is being destroyed.  I have dealt with large numbers of Lenovo employees and for the most part they are totally unhelpful or snide.

I really doubt this is an isolated problem. So what are the odds that a technician actually shows up on Monday AND fixes this machine.  I quess there will be one last update.

ED

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 4 of 7

2008-07-11, 3:09 AM

Delgross,

Apologies for your experiences so far.   I'll try to help.

Can you send me a private message with your system model number and serial?   Or any case number so I can find your records?    I could also work from your original sales order number if you have that handy - the one that started with 2Cxxxx.

Mark

Options

6 Posts

07-10-2008

Chillicothe Ohio

8 Signins

268 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2008-07-14, 18:40 PM

Of course,  no one called or showed up today to work on my machine.

ED

Options

4169 Posts

11-20-2007

United States of America

23523 Signins

803305 Page Views

• Views: 803305
  • Message 6 of 7

2008-07-14, 20:55 PM
Did you send Mark the information he asked for?

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

6 Posts

07-10-2008

Chillicothe Ohio

8 Signins

268 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2008-07-14, 21:19 PM

Yes I did and he very promptly called me.  Unfortunately with the time constraints he could not help and I had to go buy a laptop for my trip.

You have to admit it is  pretty poor that a message in a public forum generates a better response than countless calls to many different membes of the organization.

ED

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms