Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

34 Posts

12-02-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

57 Signins

340 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 340
  • Message 1 of 4

SOLVED - Access ALL BIOS settings inc. inaccessible Fn/Ctrl key swap after update with latest Vantage

2021-02-26, 9:51 AM

SOLUTION

Hi there, anyone affected by this problem, I have found a real fix allowing you to keep latest BIOS and Vantage etc.
This post is cross-posted also to ThinkPad Tablets forum.

Searching for an unrelated issue, I stumbled on this utility:

Think BIOS Configuration Tool, available here:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/software/think-bios-config-tool

It's a lightweight small official app that exposes all BIOS settings available to WMI.
It comes with instructions, has a simple GUI but includes ability to be run from command line and pass instructions that way also.

It seems to contain everything you'd expect, although sadly not anything fun to tune my device.

When you run it a log file is created in the program directory, like this:

I have tested the app and it works perfectly, both for the key swap and anything else you might want to change.

Let us know how you get on!

Enjoy :)

J

--- Long-time IT tamer
Options

3320 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

261 Signins

16770 Page Views

• Views: 16770
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:SOLVED - Access ALL BIOS settings inc. inaccessible Fn/Ctrl key swap after update with latest Vantage

2021-02-26, 14:17 PM

Hello Fbwsol,

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing this to the community forums

Best regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

34 Posts

12-02-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

57 Signins

340 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 340
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:SOLVED - Access ALL BIOS settings inc. inaccessible Fn/Ctrl key swap after update with latest Vantage

2021-02-26, 16:14 PM

It's my very great pleasure @Lorenzo_Lenovo :)

The tool has been around since 2016 but not readily shown to end users, more to staff supporting Thinkpad users in the enterprise.

The full compatibility list is here: 
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht100612

Please do update your support group on its existence and benefits, to ensure ppl encountering some common issues aren't forced to roll back BIOS or Vantage versions when this great tool exists to address these problems quickly and efficiently. It's safe, light, and will work for 99% of your "customer" base :)

I posted to Thinkpad Tablet and X1Tablet forums, but given the breadth of support, everything since 2018 and a lot from before, it would surely be easier for your group to spread the word whichever forum you're active in.

Have a great day
J

--- Long-time IT tamer
Options

3320 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

261 Signins

16770 Page Views

• Views: 16770
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-03-12, 8:35 AM

Again, very much appreciated.

take care

Regards, 

Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)