Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

05-04-2008

Hawaii, US

8 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 1 of 6

ThinkPad Tablet X60 - Unstable wireless connection

2008-05-04, 17:24 PM
Aloha all,

HELP!  Over the past several weeks my wireless connection suddenly began cycling from No Connectivity, to "Local only," to "Local and Internet," and then back to No Connectivity - consistently and every 10 seconds or so. 

It seems to me that the Access Connections Wireless Radio might be the culprit, as it powers off on its own, which is then immediately followed by this cycle of no connectivity to connectivity, over and over and over and over. 

Specs:
Windows Vista 32-bit,
D-Link router,
11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter,
ThinkVantage Access Connections.
(any other specs needed?)

I made no changes to my wireless settings before this started happening. It used to run perfectly fine -completely uninterrupted, speedy & smooth connection. 

I know the problem is not with my router, as my other computer (Dell, with Windows XP) is connected to the same router & its connection is uninterrupted.  Nevertheless, i did try rebooting both my modem and router.

I've also tried the following:
  • updating drivers,
  • rolling back drivers,
  • uninstalling system updates (that i am aware of),
  • reinstalling system updates (that i am aware of),
  • rebooting my computer (too many times to count),
  • resetting the network adapter (72 times),
  • fiddling around with the network connection settings,
  • and whacking myself upside the head with the Foreman grill (Fortunately no one else lives with me - otherwise i would currently be writing to you from our local prison).
Is anyone else experiencing this same problem? 
Better yet: has anyone got the solution to this problem?

Help!

Mahalo! (Thank you!)

-Jaana
Options

7 Posts

05-01-2008

Providence, RI/Cutler, CA

14 Signins

136 Page Views

• Views: 136
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: ThinkPad Tablet X60 - Unstable wireless connection

2008-05-05, 21:52 PM
I'm having a similar problem with my notebook. Though the connection doesn't reset every ten second, I'll connect to a wireless connection and it'll just hang, connecting to the internet but never really getting there. My only alternative is to restart the computer, and even this doesn't guarantee that the connection will be established afterward.

And also, for some strange reason, my ethernet port has been set to disable unless instructed to turn on, so whereas before all I needed do to connect to the internet was plug in the ethernet cord into the computer, now I have to go to the actual devices menu and eneable the adapter manually.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I have reason to believe that an update caused the connectivity aspect of the computer to go berserk. Hopfully it gets fixed soon. I'll keep you posted if I've found a solution.
Options

10 Posts

05-04-2008

Hawaii, US

8 Signins

99 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2008-05-05, 22:55 PM
Thank you for the response Isantana.  I'm sorry you are experiencing problems with this as well...

I copied some of the data from the Access Connections "debug log" in hopes that someone here might be able to determine the problem from it. 

The  debug log shows the following errors:

AcPrfMgrSvr::PerformSilentImport: Explorer Start has been detected. Proceeding with silent import ERROR AcPrfMgrSvc( SYSTEM(Prvlg).2404.2540) [5/2]09:09:38:830 CAcExportMgrImpl::EncryptFile: Error opening File to encrypt , Error Code = 2 ERROR AcPrfMgrSvc( SYSTEM(Prvlg).2404.2540) [5/2]09:09:38:830 CAcExportMgrImpl::ReadSignatureFileImpl: Error Decrypting File [C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\___.sig] ERROR AcPrfMgrSvc( SYSTEM(Prvlg).2404.2540) [5/2]09:09:38:830 CAcExportMgrImpl::ReadSignatureFile: ReadSignatureFileImpl Failed for Non-Migrated file. Attempting Migration Now. ERROR AcPrfMgrSvc( SYSTEM(Prvlg).2404.2540) [5/2]09:09:39:454 CAcExportMgrImpl::EncryptFile: Error opening File to encrypt , Error Code = 2 ERROR AcPrfMgrSvc( SYSTEM(Prvlg).2404.2540) [5/2]09:09:39:501 CAcExportMgrImpl::ReadSignatureFileImpl: Error Decrypting File [C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\___.sig] ERROR AcPrfMgrSvc( SYSTEM(Prvlg).2404.2540) [5/2]09:09:39:641 CAcExportMgrImpl::ReadSignatureFile: ReadSignatureFileImpl Failed for Migrated file. ERROR AcPrfMgrSvc( SYSTEM(Prvlg).2404.2540) [5/2]09:09:39:688 CAcCryptHlpr::DecryptDataUsingMsCsp: Invalid Parameter ERROR AcPrfMgrSvc( SYSTEM(Prvlg).2404.2540) [5/2]09:09:39:937 CAcExportMgrImpl::ReadSavedSignature: Unable to decrypt the file ERROR AcPrfMgrSvc( SYSTEM(Prvlg).2404.2540) [5/2]09:09:39:984 CAcExportMgrImpl::PerformSilentImport: FindFirstFile Failed Exiting.
(...)
ACHelperIdentifySystem: Entry OS LAST ERROR ACMainGUI( OWNER(Prvlg).2684.2932) [5/2]09:45:08:347 ACHelperIdentifySystem: CreateFile() Failed! Cause[LastError=2(0x2)]:The system cannot find the file specified.
(...)
ACHelperIdentifySystem: Entry OS LAST ERROR ACMainGUI( OWNER(Prvlg).2684.2672) [5/2]09:46:40:949 ACHelperIdentifySystem: CreateFile() Failed! Cause[LastError=2(0x2)]:The system cannot find the file specified.

EDIT: (Haha!!!  Those smilies were not intentional... oops!!)

Message Edited by Jaana on 05-05-2008 03:56 PM
Options

3 Posts

06-03-2008

Daviess County Public Schools, Owensboro, KY

6 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 4 of 6

2008-06-03, 22:13 PM
Has anybody found a solution to this problem yet?  My wireless started hanging and my ethernet port became disabled about 6 weeks ago when I did a ton of Lenovo updates.  I love my Access Connections, but it feels like that's the problem.  I'm going to uninstall it to see what happens.
Options

10 Posts

05-04-2008

Hawaii, US

8 Signins

99 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2008-06-03, 22:56 PM

sburton wrote:
Has anybody found a solution to this problem yet?  My wireless started hanging and my ethernet port became disabled about 6 weeks ago when I did a ton of Lenovo updates.  I love my Access Connections, but it feels like that's the problem.  I'm going to uninstall it to see what happens.

I am still waiting for an answer as well, however, somehow i haven't been experiencing any problems with my connectivity for over 2 weeks now, and i am trying to recall what various things i tried to do to remedy this problem. 

At the same time as i was having the connectivity issues, my computer started crashing & i received a blue screen with completely garbled text on top. 

After much hair-pulling and hours of investigation, i tried this experiment: I simply stopped using Firefox (because these problems seemed to always occur when i had Firefox open -which is most of the time).

Although i hate IE, i am now using it as my default browser because i haven't had a system crash or issue with connectivity so long as i don't open Firefox.  I searched the internet to see if anyone else was having problems relating to FF, but didn't find anything....

Is anyone here aware of any FF bugs that causes blue screen/crashes or conflicts with Vista's Access Connections?

Aloha!
Options

50 Posts

03-01-2008

Jamaica

678 Signins

2693 Page Views

• Views: 2693
  • Message 6 of 6

2008-06-15, 22:38 PM
I think the issue has to do with the Thinkvantage Power Manager Utility, i'd stopped having the problem when i did a fresh reinstall, and its started again now that i've installed the utility.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms