01-30-2013

Paris

8 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Helix - Wireless display compatibility

2013-02-06, 14:25 PM

To make a long story short - will Thinkap Helix be a WiDi compatbile machine?

So far, the components look good (compatible processor and intel wirless card), but nevertheless i would like a confirmation.

Additionally, if the release date is going to be delayed until April, then let's wait 2 more months and get a 4th generation core processor inside.

Options

15 Posts

11-22-2012

Sweden

31 Signins

202 Page Views

• Views: 202
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad Helix - Wireless display compatibility

2013-02-09, 22:04 PM

Well... It should automatically be WIDI compatible. CPU, graphics and WIFI is all Intel WIDI parts. The rest is just software...

The other thing I believe is more complicated. Just because the Haswell is about to be out in June doesn't mean that a suitable CPU will be available. If Intel do their release cycle as they usually do the first Haswell CPUs will be for desktops and laptops that hasn't issues with battery time. The ultra low voltage variants will probably be awhile before they are available. And when they are it will take some time to adapt the Helix hardware to the Haswell chip set.

I don't think we will see a Haswell refresh of the Helix until earliest in fall... And I for one is not going to wait that long. I'm already long over due for changing computer. I had my T61 since -07... It starting to be a bit slow for what I do on it (mostly programming.) :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms