Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

111 Posts

06-05-2008

Columbus, OH, USA

275 Signins

1766 Page Views

• Views: 1766
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Tablet X61 & 4-cell extended battery

2008-06-05, 18:07 PM
I have a Tablet x61 with a primary battery that works fine and a second battery that attaches at the bottom.   The Power Management recognizes both batteries, however the secondary battery does not charge when I plug in the AC adapter to the side of the X61.  It appeared to have a partial charge when first plugged in after purchase.   The primary battery charges fine.   I've never been able to charge the secondary battery.  Both are less than a month old.  

Am I missing something on setup or how to charge the battery.   I presumed that plugging in the X61 to the AC would charge both batteries at the same time.

As an update to this post, when I remove the primary battery then the secondary battery charges fine.   I have to physically remove the primary battery in order to charge the secondary battery on my X61 Windows XP tablet.  When the primary battery is attached, only the primary battery charges.

Secondary Battery Model: 40Y7005

Description:  X61 Extended Life Battery

O/S:  XP SP2

Thinkpad Model:  X61 Tablet 7762-B6U

Message Edited by ctoys on 06-25-2008 01:48 PM
Full disclosure: Not a Lenovo employee, just someone with a X61 running Win XP SP2
Answer
Options

111 Posts

06-05-2008

Columbus, OH, USA

275 Signins

1766 Page Views

Re: Thinkpad Tablet X61 & 4-cell extended battery

2008-06-26, 16:00 PM
So I have a resolution to the problem after switching batteries and discovering it was not related to the hardware (secondary battery.)     The fix to charge a secondary battery sitting at 0% is to remove the primary battery leaving only the secondary battery to be charged.    Once the secondary battery has fully charged, it will recharge as needed even with the primary battery attached.    In other words, once charged by itself the problem went away.  
Full disclosure: Not a Lenovo employee, just someone with a X61 running Win XP SP2

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

111 Posts

06-05-2008

Columbus, OH, USA

275 Signins

1766 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad Tablet X61 & 4-cell extended battery

2008-06-26, 16:00 PM
So I have a resolution to the problem after switching batteries and discovering it was not related to the hardware (secondary battery.)     The fix to charge a secondary battery sitting at 0% is to remove the primary battery leaving only the secondary battery to be charged.    Once the secondary battery has fully charged, it will recharge as needed even with the primary battery attached.    In other words, once charged by itself the problem went away.  

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms