Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-29-2008

Seattle

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Ultrabase/tablet power situation

2008-06-29, 18:54 PM

Hello,

I am new to the Thinkpad Tablet community, so please bear with what may be a simple question. When I connect the tablet to the Ultrabase, the battery on the tablet continues to run down (despite having plugged the AC power into the base.) I had assumed that the base would somehow communicate with the tablet and charge the battery (or at least provide power so it did't continue to wear down.)

Thanks for any guidance.

Options

111 Posts

06-05-2008

Columbus, OH, USA

275 Signins

1766 Page Views

• Views: 1766
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Ultrabase/tablet power situation

2008-07-02, 13:32 PM

You are correct in that the Ultrabase should charge the tablet.   I would troubleshoot by first checking to see if you have a proper power source into the Ultrabase.   Open up the tablet and look for the green light that lights up when the tablet is connected to a power source, if it never lights up when in the Ultrabase then you may have a power source issue due to one of several reasons:

Be sure you have a proper electrical connection, works for other devices (such as a light) for that same plug or power strip.

Be sure the tablet is properly seated on the Ultrabase and completed flush with the surface.   You should hear a click when the connector on the Ultrabase connects with the connector on the bottom of your tablet.  

Be sure your Ultrabase AC adapter and cable work properly by borrowing another one from the same type of Ultrabase if available.  Also might be helpful to test your tablet on another Ultrabase if available.   Sometimes the Lenovo authorized service centers will let you test out components, if you have a ticket from the Lenovo help desk (my first contact point for some issues.)

Message Edited by ctoys on 07-02-2008 12:18 PM
Full disclosure: Not a Lenovo employee, just someone with a X61 running Win XP SP2
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms