Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

04-19-2013

Rockville

5 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 351 of 709

Re: When is the Helix release date?

2013-04-19, 23:55 PM

Hi all!

Could anyone who has Helix please measure how tall it stands while opened upright in the laptop mode. I was almost ready to buy it, but then noticed that it has an inch or so of an extra "bezel" below the screen. This could be a deal breaker for me. I really have to be able to use Helix on an airplane as a laptop. My current HP 2730p extends vertically up to 9.25" (or 23.5cm) when fully opened  and this is as much as I can realistically live with. 

Thanks!

Options

8 Posts

04-20-2013

United States

211 Signins

784 Page Views

• Views: 784
  • Message 352 of 709

2013-04-20, 0:47 AM

Hi, I'm new to the forum. My question dues to concerning on Lenovo Thinkpad Helix which I'm planning to buy. I want to buy this device and use it at another country. Of couse, outside of US. The model I am looking for is i7, 8Gb ram and can be connected to internet by using sim card. However, I am not sure which model suits my demand. I asked the Lenovo representative and she told me that the model which is non WWAN won't support 4G and 3G. Is it correct? I think in my country support only 3G. So that means I need to buy the helix with the model that comes with WWAN supported? I'm appreciated if someone would help me with my question :)

Options

32 Posts

04-11-2013

Michigan

250 Signins

901 Page Views

• Views: 901
  • Message 353 of 709

2013-04-20, 0:56 AM

wrote:

Hi all!

Could anyone who has Helix please measure how tall it stands while opened upright in the laptop mode. I was almost ready to buy it, but then noticed that it has an inch or so of an extra "bezel" below the screen. This could be a deal breaker for me. I really have to be able to use Helix on an airplane as a laptop. My current HP 2730p extends vertically up to 9.25" (or 23.5cm) when fully opened  and this is as much as I can realistically live with. 

Thanks!

It's just under 8.75" with the screen at 90 degrees (max height) in laptop mode.

Options

4 Posts

04-19-2013

Rockville

5 Signins

57 Page Views

• Views: 57
  • Message 354 of 709

2013-04-20, 1:23 AM

wrote:

It's just under 8.75" with the screen at 90 degrees (max height) in laptop mode.

Excellent! Thanks a lot!!

Options

39 Posts

10-22-2008

Australia

39 Signins

200 Page Views

• Views: 200
  • Message 355 of 709

2013-04-20, 5:35 AM
Hi Just,
If you are looking to go outside the US where networks are 3G then go with the WWAN option.
4G is a different option, that is the LTE option.  You can usually only choose one or the other. In Australia all ours are configured with WWAN to support our 3G network.
Regards
Rod
wrote:

Hi, I'm new to the forum. My question dues to concerning on Lenovo Thinkpad Helix which I'm planning to buy. I want to buy this device and use it at another country. Of couse, outside of US. The model I am looking for is i7, 8Gb ram and can be connected to internet by using sim card. However, I am not sure which model suits my demand. I asked the Lenovo representative and she told me that the model which is non WWAN won't support 4G and 3G. Is it correct? I think in my country support only 3G. So that means I need to buy the helix with the model that comes with WWAN supported? I'm appreciated if someone would help me with my question :)

Options

39 Posts

10-22-2008

Australia

39 Signins

200 Page Views

• Message 356 of 709

2013-04-20, 5:42 AM

For all those waiting for the Helix, if you are planning to wait for Lenovo.com or various other lenovo country sites to launch then you will have to continue waiting.  Production stock is limited at the moment as globally there are a large number of pre-orders.  These are from various Distributors and Lenovo Business Partners, mainly Top Seller configurations.  Until this back log is cleared then you will start seeing custom config options launched by Lenovo direct. 
I hope this clears the air for all those asking and waiting to see the stock launched on Lenovo websites.

Business Partners and Distributors have had Top Seller Sku's and pricing since January.  Most have had backorders since then, those are the ones which are starting to receive their stocks now and selling them.

Please do not ask for cost prices, as I have been advised the forum rules do not allow us to post these and we are only allowed to post RRP prices in the Community Forum.

Regards

Rod

Options

8 Posts

04-20-2013

United States

211 Signins

784 Page Views

• Views: 784
  • Message 357 of 709

2013-04-20, 6:58 AM

Thanks so much for answering my question, Rod. I'm still confused with Helix models. Can you help telling me which models are i7, 8gb rame and compatible with WWAN? 

Options

5 Posts

04-20-2013

Australia

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 358 of 709

2013-04-20, 11:19 AM

Doesn't matter. I already ordered Fujitsu Q702.

Options

39 Posts

10-22-2008

Australia

39 Signins

200 Page Views

• Message 359 of 709

2013-04-20, 11:49 AM
Hi JuST421,
Each country has different Top Seller configurations, but I can confirm for Australia the SKU is : 36984VM.
The configuration for this is :  i7-3667U, with PEN, 256G SSD, 8GB RAM, 3G (WWAN), KBDOCK, W8P64, 3YR Depot Warranty. Only down side is Im sure Australia has one of the highest RRP's in the world at $3209AUD Inc GST.

Regards
wrote:

Thanks so much for answering my question, Rod. I'm still confused with Helix models. Can you help telling me which models are i7, 8gb rame and compatible with WWAN? 

Options

39 Posts

10-22-2008

Australia

39 Signins

200 Page Views

• Message 360 of 709

2013-04-20, 12:08 PM

Pedram,

Sorry if my comments came out as rude to you, this was not meant to be the case.

I'm in no way a direct represtitive of Lenovo, I'm associated with a Lenovo Business Partner (reseller) and trying to help other understand the current global situation.

As this is your first experience with Lenovo, let me try and help you understand how they work.
Lenovo has two divisions for sales, they sell direct to end users via their websites (fully customisable options) and also have a seperate channel division made up of resellers and a distriubtion model (TopSeller pre-configured units). For Australia there are only 3x TopSeller configurations for the Helix. Through the Channel they rely on business partners and distributors such is the Ingram Micro's of the world to forcast and order stock.

The confusion with regards to released dates has been caused by this split in division.

Officially Lenovo has launched the Helix for April to the Channel, and limited stock has been supplied into the Channel division.  Direct sales have not opened yet, I'm assuming due to the limited production.

TopSeller configuration SKU's and prices were announced for backordering in January.

This is why some users here have their units and some resellers do have stock.  But this is very limited as it is based on them forcasting and ordering stock before seeing the final product. 

I hope this makes some sense, and I can understand your frustration as a new person to the world of Lenovo.

Only thing I can say is the Helix is well worth the wait as clients which have got their units are loving them.

Sorry again if I came accross as rude.

Rod

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)