Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2420 Posts

01-21-2009

Germany

2771 Signins

119910 Page Views

• Views: 119910
  • Message 1 of 152

X Series Tablet Laptops Shipping discussion (2010)

2010-01-23, 13:29 PM

All,

Post your shipping and order management experiences here:

Here are some common points of frequent discussion:

Avoid Credit Holds - ensure that BOTH your bill to and ship to addresses are listed with your CC bank before ordering
Lenovo will NOT bill your card until order ships - an authorization charge hold to check for available balance may show up when order is first placed.
Estimated ship dates are based on default lead time and can vary from what was displayed on website.
In the US and Canada, Lenovo utilizes UPS for new product shipments
Orders may ship before the Estimated Ship Date
Orders may enter through Alaska and pass through Louisville, KY before traveling on to final address
Cancellation requests may take up to 2 days to process
Requests to change configuration or other aspects of the order may require the order to be rebooked.
Lenovo does not accept payment via international credit cards, except AMEX.

Prior shipping discussions for Thinkpad X series tablet notebooks can be viewed on this -->thread<---.

Yoga Home 900 - Yoga 2 11- Yoga tablet 2 all WIN 10 1809
Moto Z Play - Moto Z2 Play
Options

48 Posts

02-12-2009

New Jersey

52 Signins

475 Page Views

• Views: 475
  • Message 2 of 152

Re: X Series Tablet Shipping Messages

2010-01-06, 3:28 AM

I originally ordered a X200 with Enhanced Multitouch and a 500 gb drive in October. The estimated ship date came and went, with a delay shown. I called sales and they informed me that my unit could not be configured because the 500 gb wasn't available and they suggested that the order be cancelled and reordered.

I obliged and configured a new order with only the Enhanced Multitouch in November. The estimated ship date came and went again, with a delay shown. I called sales and they informed me that my unit could not be configured because the Enhanced Multitouch wasn't available and they suggested that the order be cancelled and reordered.

I obliged again and configured a new order on December 1, making sure that no option altered the 9 day estimated shipping time. My order continues to be pushed back each time the estimated ship date passes. This has happened four times, most recently yesterday when the estimated ship date revised to December 12. I have attempted to call my sales representative and his supervisor repeatedly and my messages go unreturned. What is going on and how does a customer get the attention of Lenovo? Do their customers matter at all?

Options

15 Posts

01-21-2010

Vancouver, BC

42 Signins

229 Page Views

• Views: 229
  • Message 3 of 152

Re: X Series Tablet Laptops Shipping discussion (2010)

2010-01-24, 9:31 AM

Hi,

I placed an order for the X200 Tablet on Jan 12th along with a couple of accessories.  The accessories have arrived but I still do not see an estimated ship date for the actual tablet PC yet.

Anyway, a couple of days ago, I received a 15% off coupon because I signed up for the newsletter and have never purchased from Lenovo online before.

My question is, can I still apply this coupon to the order I had submitted by calling customer service or something?  Or will I have to cancel my previous order and place a new order - I'm very hesitant to do this having read what others have gone through.

Thanks.

Options

4169 Posts

11-20-2007

United States of America

23526 Signins

803315 Page Views

• Views: 803315
  • Message 4 of 152

2010-01-24, 17:09 PM

garyc wrote:

My question is, can I still apply this coupon to the order I had submitted by calling customer service or something?  Or will I have to cancel my previous order and place a new order - I'm very hesitant to do this having read what others have gone through.

Welcome to the forum!

My guess is that the answer is no, you can't apply it retroactively, but call sales and see - it never hurts to ask!

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

15 Posts

01-21-2010

Vancouver, BC

42 Signins

229 Page Views

• Message 5 of 152

2010-01-25, 19:34 PM

Thank you Jane!

I think I will call them - I could save over $400!  As I side note, I ordered the 128GB SSD options so I wonder when I'll be getting my tablet (the Canadian website said 4 weeks plus delay for that option where the US site does not have this note).

Does anyone know if the 128GB SSD's are even in stock at Lenovo yet?

Thanks.

Options

16 Posts

11-18-2009

USA

36 Signins

230 Page Views

• Views: 230
  • Message 6 of 152

2010-01-27, 1:55 AM

This is how lenovo works.  Don't believe anything the sales and tech reps tell you on the phone about your ship date, they know nothing!!  I got my multitouch last year after a couple delays and many phone calls to lenovo.  The phone calls did nothing as the information they gave me was never correct.  The day before a supposed ship date of mine I was told my laptop was shipping but it didn't ship for an entire month after that.

Anyway - I love my laptop but would not recommend ordering from lenovo.  I would also recommend avoiding the multi-touch.  It is neat but I wish i had saved some money and gone with the single touch as that is all that I use.  There are no real reasons to have multitouch on a laptop right now.  My iphone I could not live without multitouch but a laptop/tablet really does not need it.  (Although I am quite sure apple will change my mind on tha tomorrow.)

my 2 cents....

Options

15 Posts

01-21-2010

Vancouver, BC

42 Signins

229 Page Views

• Message 7 of 152

2010-01-27, 18:35 PM

butwhyowhy, thank you for the additional info!

I just got a call from my credit card company (fraud alert service) stating that Lenovo just made a charge to my credit card for the amount of the laptop.  Does that mean it's actually shipping pretty soon?  Or was it your experience that your card was charged and the shipping date was still delayed? 

I just checked my order status on my Lenovo account and it doesn't show a shipping date yet.  However, I'm still hopeful!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed because from reading these forums, the shipping/customer service problems go way back to 2008.  I'm hoping they have been resolved for 2010.

As for the screen, I ordered the Super or Ultra bright one.  I don't have a need for touch screens and I avoid touching my computer screens because fingerprints really irritate me for some reason.  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks,

Gary

Options

15 Posts

01-21-2010

Vancouver, BC

42 Signins

229 Page Views

• Message 8 of 152

2010-01-29, 21:49 PM

Update:  On the night of Jan 27th, I received an email from Lenovo that my tablet was shipped.  However, I didn't get any tracking numbers.  So, I just called customer service today (Jan 29th) and was on hold for only 10 minutes.  The really nice rep confirmed that my tablet was shipped and sent me the tracking number for the shipment via email as soon as we hung up.

I also asked if I could still apply the discount coupon that I received by email after I had placed the order and was told "no" - oh well, it was worth a try.

To sum things up, I placed the order on Jan 10th - the accessories were shipped a couple of days after that.  I ordered the 7448CTO with the superbright screen, upgraded processor and everything else (upgraded wireless module, bluetooth, camera, fingerprint reader, etc) and the 128GB SSD.  So, I think 17 days is a pretty good turnaround time.

Just thought I would share this in case anyone is trying to decide if they want to buy from Lenovo's web site.

I'll give another update once I receive the tablet!

Gary

Options

4 Posts

02-01-2010

Chicago, IL

6 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 9 of 152

2010-02-01, 5:08 AM

I was very worried about my shipment after ordering through the website and reading this forum.  I ordered my tablet right after thanksgiving and received it in 17 days.  Maybe I am just one of the few lucky ones,  I have to say that my tablet was not multi-touch, or enhanced multi-touch.  I have the super bright screen. 

Options

48 Posts

02-12-2009

New Jersey

52 Signins

475 Page Views

• Views: 475
  • Message 10 of 152

Re: X Series Tablet Shipping Messages

2010-02-01, 15:42 PM

Well, I finally received my unit on January 29th, after multiple more delays.

Unfortunately, there is no multitouch functionality. I'm not expecting the multi finger enhanced variety, just the single finger and pen touch combination. I can't begin to imagine what options will be presented to rectify this situation.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms