10-16-2010

US

143 Signins

1164 Page Views

• Views: 1164
  • Message 1 of 2

[X200] Mute button and bluetooth not working after installing Windows 8

2015-04-08, 2:49 AM

Recently did an in-place upgrade from Windows 7 to 8.1 and have just about everything working except for the mute button and the connection manager (and therefore bluetooth). I tried installing the latest button driver for Windows 8 from the X200 support page, and while I did see it show up in the device manager after a restart, it made no difference. The sound also stopped working during this time. I've uninstalled the button driver and that brings the sound back, but I'd still like to get the buttons going again (and the connection manager).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Solved! See the solution
Options

114 Posts

10-16-2010

US

143 Signins

1164 Page Views

• Views: 1164
  • Message 2 of 2

FIX

2015-04-10, 1:38 AM

After much experimentation, I have solved the problem. The issue is caused by the Hotkey Feature Integration pack not installing right. The newest version on the X200's support page (version 3.89.0100) is all screwed up (at least for Windows 8). When you try to install it, it won't even present the option of installing the all-important "system interface driver". To solve this, a couple things must be done. First, I uninstalled what I call the "ThinkPad Features Trio" - that is the Hotkey integration pack, the power management driver, and the tablet buttons driver.

After uninstalling and restarting the computer, we can begin fresh. To get things working right, I installed the old Hotkey Feature Integration Pack (version 3.52, from us.driverscollection.com, watching out for fake download links of course), restarted, installed the Power Management driver, restarted, and finally installed the previous version of the tablet buttons driver that I'd been using with Windows 7 before, followed by one last restart.

This combination gets all the buttons (mute, Fn+F5, tablet buttons) and OSD features working 100%. The only negative side-effect is that Windows 8 puts its own volume bar on the screen when you change the volume with the buttons, so you'll see both the native bar as well as the Lenovo one. It looks kind of funny, but they don't overlap or anything, so I'm fine with it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete