Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-11-2014

United States

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 2

X220 Sudden shut down and will not turn back on

2014-01-11, 5:36 AM

I have a Thinkpad X220 Tablet. It has worked fine the last 1.5 years. It recently shut down suddenly, no shutting down screen or warning, just straight to black. The battery was full and it was plugged in. It will not turn on and when plugged in with the AC adapter no lights come on. I have no idea how to go about fixing this or what could be causing this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Options

1091 Posts

09-24-2013

Bangalore

558 Signins

43656 Page Views

• Views: 43656
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X220 Sudden shut down and will not turn back on

2014-01-15, 5:33 AM

Hi Zevain,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I’m sorry to hear that your Lenovo ThinkPad X220T is not powering on.

I would suggest you to perform Flee Power – remove the battery and any other peripheral device connected to the computer. Hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then connect only the AC Adapter and try to turn ON the computer.

Swap the battery and AC adapter with a good known one if you can to check if it’s a battery/adapter failure. Take out the memory, start the system and check if you hear beep sounds.

Please let me know the happenings!

Best regards,

Mithun.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)