Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-16-2012

United States

26 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 1 of 3

X220 Tablet Display Autorotates 90-180 Degrees Whenever it Feels Like It

2012-03-16, 6:15 AM

I just got a new X220T earlier today and right out of the gate I've had this problem. Basically, whenever certain things happen (UAC popping up [before I disabled it], shutting the laptop lid, restarting, logging in/out and some more) the display will rotation clockwise either 90 or 180 degrees. These seem to be times when the whole screen refreshes, so maybe it's the autorotate for tablet software gone haywire?

Has anyone else had this issue or are there any suggestions to fix it?

Thanks!

Options

41 Posts

05-08-2011

Holland

34 Signins

261 Page Views

• Views: 261
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: X220 Tablet Display Autorotates 90-180 Degrees Whenever it Feels Like It

2012-03-26, 12:01 PM
I know the Intel graphics software has hotkeys registered that rotate the screen. Perhaps that's interfering?

Also, there's this Screen Reader ap I think that's set to auto-rotate the screen when put in tablet mode. I disabled that feature on my device a couple of times, I guess after updates this resets itself again.
Options

98 Posts

02-14-2012

United States of America

164 Signins

1797 Page Views

• Views: 1797
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: X220 Tablet Display Autorotates 90-180 Degrees Whenever it Feels Like It

2012-03-26, 15:23 PM

I've had a few issues with auto-rotation, but mostly just as boot up, or when swapping between tablet and laptop modes.

As stated above, there's Lenovo software trying to control it, as well as Intel software, so I do not install the Lenovo portion of it. For the most part this has stopped any major issues, except sometimes in tablet mode it will boot up upside down and then flip to the correct mode a minute or so in. If I use the button to change it manually, and it still wants to flip correctly, sometimes it will do so (and now be wrong). I haven't been able to narrow down why this occurs, but it's not often enough to bother me.

I removed the Lenovo software for the screen reader entirely, rather than disable it manually, and set the correct orientation by right clicking the desktop and adjusting it that way. Give that a shot and see if it fixes your issue. It should then "permanently" auto-adjust to your settings each time. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms