Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

04-01-2008

USA

5 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 6

X61t: Stylus Issues

2008-04-01, 21:31 PM
I have been having issues since I got my talbet with the pen input.

Issue 1:
I installed Wacom Drivers so that I could have pressure sensitivity in Photoshop, but after that I have been having issues with clicking with it, the cursor does not always change to the stylus cursor, and the input panel doesn't always appear.

Issue 2:
After a month or two of using my X61t, when writing with the stylus my letters have started having lines appear connecting them. I write a letter, go on to write the new letter, and the two letters connect with a line from the place where i picked up the stylus to the new place I set it down. This was not an issue when I first got my laptop, but has become one since. I tried to do a factory restore to fix this, thinking it may have been due to some software I installed, but the problem persists.

Do you have any solutions to my issues, or is this an issue that I should contact the warranty & replacement people about?

Thanks.
Options

5 Posts

04-01-2008

USA

5 Signins

48 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: X61t: Stylus Issues

2008-04-03, 0:40 AM
How long do responses normally take on these forums?
I don't know if I am being impatient or if I need to actually call about this issue. (I'm probably just impatient as this issue has been bugging me for a while)

Options

27 Posts

02-18-2008

USA

45 Signins

496 Page Views

• Views: 496
  • Message 3 of 6

2008-04-04, 23:27 PM
I previously got my stylus wet with beer of all things and it did the same thing.  The problem is that the pen has a pressure sensitive tip and when touching the screen it is supposed to push in and connect some sort of path in the circuit that is not connected when your not touching the screen.  The pen has no battery or power source it is just a coiled wire (inducter) and when the tip is pushed in and the circuit is changed the screen (pc) thinks that the pen is touching the screen.  I think that the connection that is made when you push the tip in is being made on your and my previous pen and thus making the pc think that you are touching it.  Sometimes it would be full pressure and the marks were made like I was writing on the screen with full force and other times I could write and when I would lift off it would think that I was very lightly touching it and thus making the small connecting lines you are talking about.  Anyway, this is my understanding of the stylus and I don't even know how correct I am; it's just a guess.  I took apart the stylus and wiggled it around and I could get it to work sometimes but it was way too frustrating and I ordered a new one off ebay.  It was only a couple dollars cheaper than from lenovo though.  Anyway, hope this ramble helps.

ash
Lenovo X61t: 7764CTO
Intel Core 2: L7700 1.8 ghz
4.00 GB of DDR2 Ram
Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Options

5 Posts

04-01-2008

USA

5 Signins

48 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2008-04-05, 0:13 AM
While I think I should replace my pen tip as it is kind of worn down, I don't believe this to be the problem...

When I lift the pen up, it does stop drawing. It's when I put the pen tip back on the screen that it draws a line from the point i picked up to where i pressed. It does this instantly, just connecting the two lines.
Options

5 Posts

04-01-2008

USA

5 Signins

48 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2008-04-10, 0:22 AM
Hmm, I guess I need to actually call Lenovo Support or something about this.
Options

1 Posts

06-19-2008

Texas

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 6 of 6

2008-06-19, 20:15 PM
I have been having a similar issue. Some programs (Paint.Net) are worse than others (One Note), but all of them exhibit the behavior:
Everything worked fire when I first bought the tablet, and gradually it seemed like the programs wouldn't "give up" the stylus Sometimes holding on for several seconds and scribbling all over the screen, even when the stylus was nearly an inch off the glass.

I found that my problem was that I had started pressing down too hard. I suspect it is quite common: at first, you're afraid of scratching the screen, so you are gentle. As you get more used to it, you start pressing down like you would with a real pen. Try making an effort to be a bit more gentle with your pressure, and see if it helps. I almost never have the problem anymore but I can reproduce it at will.

I would also recommend against setting the stylus "tip feel" too far toward "firm", for the same reason: that encourages you to push too hard.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms