Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-30-2008

Arkansas, USA

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 2

XP SP3 and IE& updates

2008-06-30, 23:16 PM

Since I ran teh updates from MSFT I am getting some odd behavior on my X61Tablet.  IE Freezes and applications do not close properly.  Some sites, IE drops from memory as soon as you click on a field (delta arilines for instacne)  And as of this morning, when I open Outloook- it opens twice.  It is like the system- which WAS fine- is haunted. There does not seem to be any pattern.  Sometimes I boot and all is well- other times I have to do a cold dhsut down becasue the machine is frozen.  The only other recent change to the systme was the addition of a Logitech Webcam (afer my SECOND Lenovo one started shorting and chewing up CPU.  Anyone having difficulties with system stability since XP SP 3 or the latest IE7

Any ideas (other than switch to MAC) appreciated.

Options

210 Posts

12-20-2007

NY

560 Signins

2994 Page Views

• Views: 2994
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: XP SP3 and IE& updates

2008-07-01, 3:40 AM

I believe that all your symptom were caused by software, ie, OS, spyware, or even incompatible driver/software.

For all issues, I think mainly it's because of tons of application processes running in the background of your system. If you are trying to eliminate or minimize them, you will get an significant improvement.

I really can't tell how to solve this problem step-by-step, but if you have no idea what I'm talking about, you may try to back up your important data and restore all stuffs by using a recovery disc. That might be the easiest path. Also, trying to stick with version you think it's good, don't worry about newer version much.

Moreover, switching to MAC is the last alternative since you will have pretty much the same problem anyway. Safari doesn't perform as great as Steve Jobs tried to convince you. It's only an ad.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms