Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

07-12-2010

California

28 Signins

356 Page Views

• Views: 356
  • Message 1 of 2

navigation with SuperBright screen

2010-07-19, 20:33 PM

I see that Lenovo has removed the navigator buttons from the tablet mode of the X201t.  I'm used to using the navigator buttons on my X61t to quickly flip back and forth between the next page and previous page of pdfs when viewing them in "full screen mode".

If I get the outdoor display X201t, is there a way I can quickly flip to the next page of a pdf without having the navigator buttons? Or should I get the multitouch screen and do the two-finger scroll?

In other words, how inconvenient is it to give up both multitouch and the navigator buttons? I generally use the stylus now when I use my X61t in tablet mode.

I read that Lenovo has a new "simple tap" application. Would that help me quickly navigate pages with the stylus? Or should I really l get the multi-touch screen?

Options

23 Posts

07-22-2010

United Kingdom

100 Signins

508 Page Views

• Views: 508
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: navigation with SuperBright screen

2010-07-22, 12:53 PM

Yes; this seems to be a really strange feature regression from the X61. You can at least reconfigure three of the tablet buttons (lock, tablet menu, screen rotate) to behave differently. I've rebound lock/menu to send Page Up/Down, and moved their original behaviour to the previously-unused press-and-hold behaviour.

I do warn that these buttons, at least on a new laptop, are pretty firm; I wouldn't want to be using them for page-turning all day as an e-book reader or something.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms