Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

05-14-2008

New York

4 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 3

x61 tablet screen flicker

2009-01-02, 16:28 PM

Hi, I have an x61 tablet and recently the screen has been flickering up and down (kind of like an old crt). The image is displace vertically very rapidly, and white bars show up randomly. This only happens when the screen is in certain positions. I can make it stop by wiggling the screen around. Unfortunately the number of positions where this doesn't happen has become fewer and fewer. What can I do to fix this. 

thanks, 

cpicon92

Options

59 Posts

12-03-2007

Spain, Madrid

64 Signins

748 Page Views

• Views: 748
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: x61 tablet screen flicker

2009-01-02, 18:46 PM
This looks like problem with the cable ribbon of the LCD, either broken or loosely fitted in the connector. Definitely hardware problem. If on warranty send it for repair, in case out of warranty you can try reconnecting screen (you have to open the PC for this) and if this will repeat, you would have to replace cables of the LCD.
Options

5 Posts

05-14-2008

New York

4 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: x61 tablet screen flicker

2009-01-02, 18:49 PM

wrote:
This looks like problem with the cable ribbon of the LCD, either broken or loosely fitted in the connector. Definitely hardware problem. If on warranty send it for repair, in case out of warranty you can try reconnecting screen (you have to open the PC for this) and if this will repeat, you would have to replace cables of the LCD.

Unfortunately it is out of waranty. I've never opened a tablet before, is there a manual for this? If it is the cable, can i buy a new one?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms