cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathan7007
Token Ring
Views: 1,338
Message 1 of 5

After clean wipe - what to put back in new x61t?

I bought a legit Vista Business DVD and want to wipe a new x61t when my burner arrives. I plan to image the drive first. What do I "put back" from the ThinkVantage suite and junkware afterthat? What gems lurk in the batch?

Does the interface allow selective installs? 

Jonathan 

4276-37U -- W520. Keeping an X61t just in case.
First laptop in my house was a luggable Osborne! Now that was a cool computer. (...for its time!)
sipp11
802.11n
Views: 1,324
Message 2 of 5

Re: After clean wipe - what to put back in new x61t?

What I can recommend you is backing up every documents (or your data.)

Then do clean install. After finished installation, you just have to download system update from Lenovo.com, it will find any drivers that suit your system, and have every ThinkVantage programs for you to choose. Now it's up to you which program is important to you. The less you have, the faster your machine will be.  Smiley Happy

jonathan7007
Token Ring
Views: 1,311
Message 3 of 5

sipp, thanks. I just got the computer today and will not have any documents or work of any kind to back up. The sooner the better for the re-install of Vista. Is there a site where all the Programs and processes included in ThinkVantage and other bundles are documented? I'd like to study that list and get a sense of the benefit or downside for each install decision I'll be asked to make.

I also have to wait for a external burner to get there from NewEgg so I expect I have time to research the Think Vantage suite and learn some Vista differences. I was on the TabletPC OS up to now.

Jonathan.

4276-37U -- W520. Keeping an X61t just in case.
First laptop in my house was a luggable Osborne! Now that was a cool computer. (...for its time!)
sipp11
802.11n
Views: 1,287
Message 4 of 5

everyone has their own favor. So, I urge you to keep your system as it is for a while and play with all ThinkVantage softwares. You will know if it suit you well, then you can decide which should be eliminate!
ConnectDon
Greps Everything
Views: 1,270
Message 5 of 5

@jonathan7007 wrote:

Is there a site where all the Programs and processes included in ThinkVantage and other bundles are documented?

There is a ThinkVantage Software Guide over at NBR.

Don

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors