Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcaurell
Punch Card
Views: 231
Message 1 of 2

Ask for help from battery experts!

Lenovo can not deliver 42T4977 battery but I have a new battery with only one cycle at home. This battery is from 2012 and was never put into operation. I have built it into my x1 1294 but it stops charging at 50% no matter what I set in the energy timer. I have already decided to uninstall the lenovo energiemanage rzu. If I measure the cells individually, they have exactly 3.83 volts at 50% charge termination! Can I buy these cells somewhere and solder them in myself? Does anyone have a good hint?

why can not you post a photo of the interior of an original Lenovo battery?

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 215
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ask for help from battery experts!

It's a bad idea to try to fix it.  I fix almost everything and decided that batteries should be left alone.  There are parts of the control circuitry that need a low level of constant power or else it gets ruined.  The cells are spot welded very quickly with VERY high temperature equipment.  If you try to solder them, which requires more time at lower temperature, they can explode.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors