Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

237 Posts

10-19-2011

Panama

212 Signins

7017 Page Views

• Views: 7017
  • Message 11 of 14

Re: BOOTMGR missing

2011-11-03, 20:13 PM

WAHOO! Great news!

As far as preventing a future problem, I honestly have no advice; however, if you did a factory install using Lenovo's recovery software, that should not have happened. Just keep this procedure handy in case you run into trouble again.

Options

237 Posts

10-19-2011

Panama

212 Signins

7017 Page Views

• Views: 7017
  • Message 12 of 14

2011-11-04, 10:12 AM

An afterthought,

It could be that one of your hard drive sectors went bad during the factory install and that may have corrupted your boot manager. Going forward, you might want to periodically run CHKDSK in the auto-fix mode as a preventive maintenance measure.

Cheers!

Options

9085 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

77880 Signins

2233310 Page Views

• Views: 2233310
  • Message 13 of 14

BOOTMGR missing

2013-12-01, 19:01 PM

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

7 Posts

01-30-2010

Canada

13 Signins

139 Page Views

• Views: 139
  • Message 14 of 14

2014-12-25, 5:49 AM

Hi,

I ran into this "BOOTMGR missing" problem with my X201 when using Lenovo provided DVD rescue recovery set with Win 7 Pro 64bit OS, which contains one DVD for OS and two DVDs for applications and drivers etc., that's when I found this thread.

I downloaded the Win 7 Pro 64bit OS ISO image from Microsoft directly to attempt the repair based on the method described, however there is was no OS listed in the screen "Systems Recovery Options", the instruction says "if your OS isn't listed, click Load Drivers and then install drivers for your hard disks".

When I click Load Drivers, I see the pop up window "Add Drivers" which says "Insert the installation media for the device and click OK to select the driver", well the only "installation media" I have at this point is the Win 7 OS image on DVD, so I clicked OK.

At this point I get the IE type naviagation window that has "recent places", "libraries" and "computer" on the left panel, and two boxes at the bottom, top one is "File name" that is blank and second one is "Files of type" that is "Setup Information".

This is where I am lost the second time, what file am I suppose to select at this point?

As a test, I was able to successfully install a friend's Win 7 Ultimate disk last night and able to restart the system properly, so there is nothing wrong with the laptop, the BIOS, or the hard drive.

This is quite frustrating when the Lenovo provided disk set could not properly recover the system, how did this set of DVDs get past the Software QA folks?

I am in a bit of a qundry since the OS prodcut code under the laptop is heavily worn and no longer recognizable, I wished I had written the number down and put it my file when I got the laptop 4.5 years ago, but I thought I am safe because I had the official Lenovo issued recovery DVD set.......

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)