Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XThinkpadUser
Token Ring
Views: 1,023
Message 11 of 16

Re: Before you buy a X230t , read this

Lenovo definitely has a quality control team, and I bet those guys are doing a good job, just like the engineers and public relations folks. They're not stupid, they're good at their jobs, and they can see what's going on.

The problem has got to be management who has decided it's far more profitable in the short term to release s***ty laptops and slap the coveted "ThinkPad" name on it. So all those poor QA folks who do a good job and report the laptop's failures are ignored by management due to the overall leadership and culture of the comapny.

The problem is this kills the brand in the long term, and it takes years and years and years to build consumer confidence back up. All those engineers and QA folks have gotta be pissed that they're forced to release sub-par products and call it a day (if they care about the company, that is).

However, I did only have ONE bad experience, so I may be wrong about this. Maybe the X230t is an outlier, or maybe just a few guys on this forum got bad laptops.

SGolf
Punch Card
Views: 1,007
Message 12 of 16

Do you envision yourself repeatedly "warning the world" about the X230t this time next year?
In my comparatively succinct, and unaffiliated summary of your warning, I described that IBM/Lenovo has lemons like anyone else, but distinguishes itself by promptly addressing them and remedying them like the way you were refunded and without fees
Because, just researching your posts at Google, it seems you've been vigorously spending at lot time cutting and pasting your experiences at every ThinkPad forum and louder than someone running down the street with their throat cut.

Do you envision yourself doing this the same time next year? Or even six months from now, just preoccupying yourself with a lemon laptop that was fully refunded.
But profoundly affected you in some deep way that you feel compelled to cathartically dissect the whole experience for the indefinite future ?
It is a fair and honest question and one you that you could divert at least a fraction of time you spend broadcasting your horrible experience to let us know just how much longer you plan to spend on this seemingly non-lucrative activity.

Sadly, I'm probably just encouraging you further by responding like this.... but since you're determined to fuel your angst, I may very well be providing a therapeutic value by illiciting further info from you and possibly helping you attain a sense of emotional healing to accompany the refunds you've already obtained.
Signature:
Let us know what happened,and share your solutions so others may benefit from our experiences. "It doesn't really matter what kind of computers I own since right now the conversation is about the problems on the computers that YOU OWN!" -Mark Twain
XThinkpadUser
Token Ring
Views: 994
Message 13 of 16

Dunno if you know this, but there's this thing called social media, and when you care about something you describe your experiences on social networks you participate in.

Anyway, I'm not the one who brought this topic up again. I was done, and only noticed this thread because I like to read these forums. It's almost as if other people found my experiences relevant and useful, and wanted to talk about them Smiley Surprised 

SGolf
Punch Card
Views: 855
Message 14 of 16

I'm positive that you haven't heard about an equally inventive innovation as social media and that invention is called "growing up and moving on".

Because, I  challenged you over two weeks ago in which you promptly described social media to me and the rest of the world as your appropriate forum to warn the world from buying an X230t and you did so with the proclamation that you've let the matter go until someone else raised it and then I seemed to stoke the seemingly healed emotions.

But even in the last two weeks, and without any chiding from me, you have continued to define yourself, your very existence here on these "social media" forums by the threads you started and by promptly invading any other topic where someone complains about a ThinkPad.

You are clearly someone who is only happy if they are unhappy, you are certainly determined to define yourself by this lemon laptop that you were refunded for but refuse to grow up and move on.  Your determination to remain "wounded" about this x230, your self driven mission to "warn" the unwary about making the same "mistake" you did has thoroughly defined you in the most unflattering terms possible and nothing in the spirit of what social media was ever designed to do.

I dare say, the only reason the moderators haven't just killed your threads and even disabled your account is because they don't want to seem unfairly partial towards their own employers despite the fact I've personally witnessed other users have their privileges suspended here for much less than the amount of our time you're wasting with your endless whining.

It is absolutely obvious, you aren't anyone of significant responsibility either professionally nor socially even  in those social media circles you espouse because anyone with any level of standing would've grown up and moved on after they received their refund.

Clearly, I need to stop wasting my time humiliating you since I'm inadvertently risking becoming the same tragedy you're determined to be. What started for me as morbid curiosity about your repeated warnings, became genuine fascination and is turning into viscious bullying everytime I stop to rubberneck and question then gawk at your self imposed apathy.

Hopefully, one day you'll misanthropically and serendipitously stumble across your fortune the way Milton Waddams did and you can scurry off to your own private beach and complain about the Pina Colladas.  And by doing so, out of the range of any mobile networks so we may be spared from listening to your whining.

He had an asterisk next to his name, just like you.

Signature:
Let us know what happened,and share your solutions so others may benefit from our experiences. "It doesn't really matter what kind of computers I own since right now the conversation is about the problems on the computers that YOU OWN!" -Mark Twain
XThinkpadUser
Token Ring
Views: 780
Message 15 of 16

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 774
Message 16 of 16

This thread is going no where - locked

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals