Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrzeMach
Paper Tape
Views: 492
Message 1 of 13

Black screen in X230t after replace of screen from X220t

Hello,

I have Lenovo Thinkpad X230 tablet. With broken screen. Tablet work quite nice.
Screen number is FRU 04W3919 / LP125WH2(SL)(B3)

I have found in good price screen from X220t with same number but only digitalizer is different. When i run it - screen is black, totaly black. I have found one more screen from X220t - LP125WH2(SL)(B1) FRU 93P5675 - same results. Screen is black after start.

When i go back to oryginal one - screen is showing half of screen (rest is broken).

Is anyone able to give any solution for this issue? Both screens i have buy same broken? I would be quite bad luck in such case... and i think something else is wrong, but not sure what.

From attachment: 1 is oryginal one; rest are second hand (black screens all)

GrzeMach
Paper Tape
Views: 484
Message 2 of 13

Re: Black screen in X230t after replace of screen from X220t

I think problem solved. There is no backlit in both...
Is there way way to fix it?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 474
Message 3 of 13

My guess before you posted the note about the backlight was that you blew the backlight fuse when you were hooking things up.  The  fuses are quick to blow if you plug or unplug a screen without unhooking the battery or discharging residual charge in capacitors.  That is still my guess, but it is possible the Hall sensor (lid close switch) is bad.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
GrzeMach
Paper Tape
Views: 469
Message 4 of 13

Oryginal one is still working, only with two new (used) ones i have this issue.
In such case i think fuse would not work - also on original one.
Hall sensor - where i can find it? It's in body or screen? I think issue is in screens. But not sure where to search for solution.

i think i will just buy other screen without touch and put into it. I don't need this future (or maybe i will have luck and just move this from one of old screens)
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 464
Message 5 of 13

I misunderstood.  Your fuse is fine.  I think I have a brand new X230T screen in the original Lenovo packaging (somewhere).  Send me a PM if you want me to check.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

GrzeMach
Paper Tape
Views: 452
Message 6 of 13

Thank you.
But i have bought one without touch elements. If it will work - i will move touch stuff to new screen. if touch will not work - i don't care Smiley Wink
I have like 2 screen to try to move it, maybe i will succeed Smiley Happy
herbie72
Paper Tape
Views: 349
Message 7 of 13

Hello an a happy new year to the community!

I have a similar Problem. I bought a used and working i7-Mainboard. So I tried to change this on my originally i5-X230t. Everything works perfect, execpt that after the change the backlight of the screen won't work. So I changed everything back, but it won't work also in the original configuration. Both Mainboards are working on external Display, including the Touchfunctionality. And if you start the Tablet, you can see very hardly the THINKPAD-lettering on the built-in-screen. So therefore I think, it could be only the backlight itself. So I thought, that the cable was broken when I changed the Display. I changed the cable, but nothing on thes ituation changed.

Next step was, to look for a new Display. So I bought a very good and quite cheap X220t. Yesterday I tried to change the Display-Units between the two, but as there was in another Topic here, the right flexprint-connector is smaller on the X220t than on the X230t. It won't fit correct. So I refused to change and put the X220t together. This one works again after this "changing-action".

Now I have read, that there is a fuse for the backlight. So my question is, where is the fuse for the backlight in the display-unit?

Best Regards

Herbie

GrzeMach
Paper Tape
Views: 341
Message 8 of 13

Hello,
I was reading that there is some fuse. I have no idea where it's but there it.
I hope you can find it!

Best regards,
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 335
Message 9 of 13

There are 2 fuses that often blow - a 2 or 3 amp fuse for the backlight and a 0.5 amp fuse for the LED indicators on the bottom of the bezel.  (The 0.5 amp fuse is not always blown.)  They are made by Littelfuse and usually have a designation on them.  N = 2 amp; P = 3-amp and F = 0.5 amp.  You need fast blow, surface mount fuses.  The last time I ordered them I needed series 467 fuses, but I don't remember what machine they were for.  (I haven't done this in a while.)  They can be bought from Mouser electronics..  The fuses are not in a standard place for all models, but they are usually very near the LCD connector, but are sometimes on the opposite side of the board.

Rich

GrzeMach
Paper Tape
Views: 333
Message 10 of 13

Can you do some picture of it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors