Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos

Bluetooth Stereo Audio (A2DP) in Vista - half volume of XP and loud pops & clicks

I have been playing music through Bluetooth A2DP with my old laptop under Win XP for some time, and enjoy not having the wires whilst getting audiophile sound thru amp & speakers. 

With my new Lenovo X200T and Vista Bus64, the volume is half what it was in Win XP, and in quiet moments between tracks or when selecting songs I get loud pops and clicks - enough to make me fear for my speakers!

I have the levels up full on Windows Media Player, and in the Mixer.

The driver is the latest - "Bluetooth Stereo Audio" by Broadcom, 25-Aug-08, ver 6.1.0.5100.

(I am using a Sony Ericsson HBH-DS220 to receive the music and connect through a mini-jack to the amplifier.)

Has anyone any ideas?  Thanks! Andy

Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos

Re: Bluetooth Stereo Audio (A2DP) in Vista - half volume of XP and loud pops & clicks

I tried uninstalling the Broadcom drivers and installing BlueSoleil 6 - with absolutely no success.  So I have no idea what to try next...

Highlighted
Ctrl-Alt-Del
0 Kudos

Re: Bluetooth Stereo Audio (A2DP) in Vista - half volume of XP and loud pops & clicks

And then I tried listening on headphones.  Pulled out the old faithful "Suzanne Vega" for a sound check.  The sound quality on Bluetooth Stereo Audio is well below par.  Crackles on the high frequencies, and still way to quiet for convenient listening on headphones.  I cannot imagine watching a movie on a plane with this level of sound.

Lenovo - what have you got to say to this?  Broadcom say I have to get Technical Support from you, and will not answer my emails.

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I've the same problem.

I owe x200 (Vista Business 32) and Yamaha RX-V663 with YBA-10 Bluetooth receiver.

The sound is awful (still whistle on high tones - something like jitter problem at all the time)!!! 

When I connected my Nokia e51 to the audio system, there was no noise and  similar problems!

Lenovo - I think it is unacceptable situaton.

I also have tried on VMware virtual machines Windows 7 beta and Windows XP pro. Same effect. It's unusable (except for headache generation). 

Message Edited by s10th on 06-30-2009 07:42 PM