Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allrounder
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,478
Message 1 of 5

Bluetooth suddenly missing

On my Helix 2. Gen (20CG) bluetooth suddenly disappeared, no icon, no bluetooth in Devices and Printers, no bluetooth in Device Manager. Bluetooth service is running in Administration>Services, but isn't available in other settings or overviews. 

Latest Windows update was a week ago, only other hardware "change" i made, is update the Synaptics Fingerprint driver, as I noticed it was flagged in Device Manager, asked for automatic update (find driver on internet). Done.

Restarted several times, as well as shut down and cold start, nothing helped. Tried to install Intel Bluetooth Software from Lenovo Support/Software-Driver Download page for my Helix. Installed correct, no error messages. Nothing changed, bluetooth stil non existent.

How do I get Bluetooth in my machine again? Hardware fault? Warranty? Or just some software error?

IbrahimKettaneh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,380
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bluetooth suddenly missing

I have the exact same problem in my lenovo yoga 710, and I have no idea what to do

Allrounder
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,357
Message 3 of 5

And suddently it came back again. After some days with wake up from sleep and some cold starts, Bluetooth was there again, I was able to use my mouse again!

Checked in Devicec Manager, it's there, in Settings (from Windows-button), also there again, only in the Message Center (or is it called Action Center, don't know, my Windows is in Danish, the speak bubble to the right in the Process Line) it showed up as "not connected". Also solved now, my mouse is mentioned there...

Don't know what happened, can't explain. Didn't do anything other than to use my Helix as I use to (exeplt for using the Track Point instead of mouse). No Windows Updates, updated System Update (program), but no system updates available for my machine. So no changes in software or hardware at all.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,341
Message 4 of 5

All these devices connect as USB.  It might be that a hub chip is failing and s=is slow to respond at start-up.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Allrounder
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,286
Message 5 of 5

Bluetooth still working - but now the fingerprint reader sometimes doesn't load, so I have to log in with pin code or password...

Richk: What to do about this chip? Contact Lenovo for warranty repair?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors