Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duceys_wild
Paper Tape
Views: 412
Message 1 of 4

Can I run Windows 7 on the ThinkPad Tablet

I see a subject line which already asks this question in the knowledgebase, however I can't open the link so I'm asking this question as a duplicate, my apologies in advance..

So, basically, is this possible?  I don't see any Win-7 drivers available for the TP Tablet 2.  I'm assuming that Windows 7 isn't supported then, unless I attempt to load the Win-8 drivers on a Win-7 install.

I'm quite disappointed with the TP Tablet 2 running Windows 8.  The response times on anything from opening a webpage, changing to another webpage, opening apps, etc is very slow.  I was hoping that if Windows 7 was supported, then I might just get better performance with this tablet however it could just end up with the same performance for all I know.  I won't know until I try but I don't want to go through the install process just to find out that I don't have any driver support for Win-7.

I'm thinking that I should have purchased a Helix... TBD... Any feedback would be appreciated, thank you!!!

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 409
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can I run Windows 7 on the ThinkPad Tablet

Windows 7 won't run natively on the TPT2.

My TPT2 response time is okay, i uninstalled any apps and softwares that i don't need. What do you have running on the background of your system?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
duceys_wild
Paper Tape
Views: 366
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the response...A couple of things before I proceed further:
- is there a reason as to why Windows 7 won't run natively on the TP tablet 2?
-- I'll check my TSR's and will update the post
duceys_wild
Paper Tape
Views: 357
Message 4 of 4

Attached is a screen shot of the TSR's running on my TP Tablet 2.  There are a couple of things that I can disable, such as the MS Office component and my Intuit QuickBooks accounting SW, but as far as everything else is concerned it looks like I need those TSR's running because they're tied in with the Lenovo apps that are preloaded on the Windows 8 image.

If you were looking for something else besides this list of TSR's, please let me know and I'll look for what it is you wish to see. Thanks for your help... 

TSR'S_TPT2_TSR_2013-09-07.JPG

Top Kudoed Authors