Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arkyson
Paper Tape
Views: 210
Message 1 of 4

Can't enter BIOS?!

I have the exact same issue with the lenovo helix 37xx (3701-33G, 1st generation model). I tried to unplug the battery and discharge by holding down the power button for 20 sec, then replugged the battery and still get a blank screen with a frozen cursor in the top left corner of the screen.

Did not try to remove the hard drive, because it wasn't obvious where it is. Also, this tablet pc has and SSD, but I'm not sure if its integrated or removable.

Any other ideas?

Also worth noting, the screen brightness is stuck on max and not adjustable in windows. Also, oddly, when the ac adaptor is NOT plugged in the screen in on max brightness, and dims when I plug the ac adaptor in (should be the other way around).

Last thing to mention, is that after these issues, I have tried to roll back the bios (I think its v1.43 currently) to the most recent previous version (I think 1.42, not sure of the exact number, but rolled back 1 point). When I tried the computer froze after it restarted to flash the bios as part of the installer. After waiting >40min, I decided to hard reset, and luckly the computer booted (ie, I dont think bios started the flash process), but still has the issues above

Arkyson
Paper Tape
Views: 182
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't enter BIOS?!

Just an update...
1) the bios version is 1.41, and not able to roll back

2) I've tried to take everything out (battery, hardrive, cmos battery) and do several hard resets >30s. But still blank screen when trying to enter bios

Interesting note: When I try to enter bios via f1/enter on the splash screen I get a blank screen with a still cursor on the top left corner. But when I try to boot through windows recovery into the UEFI, I get a blank screen with no cursor
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 161
Message 3 of 4

Try to reset it by lightly pushing a straightened paper clip into the emergency reset hole.  (Turn the machine over and looking at the bottom, it will be along the left side about half way between the bottom edge and the hinge.)

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Arkyson
Paper Tape
Views: 145
Message 4 of 4

thanks, I have tried this hundreds of time in different arrangements. Has not helped.

Usually need to do this when the keyboard/track pad periodically stop function when dis/connecting the tablet from the base.

I have also tried to enter bio when docked, as well as not docked.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors