Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-03-2014

United States

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Change pressure sensitivity of the stylus?

2014-10-03, 20:00 PM

So my stylus sucks. I can be holding my stylus off of the screen about 3 cm from the screen and it will write on the screen. This makes actually writing on the screen nearly impossible as my handwriting is completely illegible from this issue. I have replaced my stylus multiple times and that never fixed it. Then a few weeks ago I was messing with the settings and found that I was able to adjust the pressure that it took to make the pen write. And my problem was fixed. I noticed the other day that the stylus had reverted to the old ways and so I went in search of the settings for the pen, and I can no longer find the settings menu where I was able to change the pressure sensitivity. This menu had a picture of the pen and also gave you eraser options (even though the stylus doesn't have an eraser) and calibration options. I have searched high and low for this menu and I have taken it to the lenovo people (my school has a special relationship with lenovo so we have like a mini computer fix it place in the school where we take the computers when we have issues which unfortuantely happens a lot) and they have not been able to find the menu again either. Does anyone happen to know how to adjust this setting or know a driver I can download or some way I can make my pen usable again? 

I have the Lenovo Helix. I am completely up to date on software and this problem has been occuring since when I had windows 8. Currently running 8.1.

Options

6484 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

28951 Signins

1658413 Page Views

• Views: 1658413
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Change pressure sensitivity of the stylus?

2014-10-03, 20:16 PM

Good day and welcome to the community.

Sorry you're having difficiulties.

It would be helpful to know which X series tablet laptop you're using, along with which OS. That may well help fellow community members assist you.

Thanks.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms