Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
broken-helix
Paper Tape
Views: 229
Message 1 of 3

Charging Battery Issues ?

I have accquired a Helix 1 (Machine Type Model: 36986CG).

It has a history, that the digitizer in the tablet (LCD screen has failed), and it also appears that the LCD screen has started to delaminate.

So it has limited life, before the screen completely fails, I was also told that hot chocolate was spilled on keyboard dock, BUT these issues and problem below, were there before drink spilage... I have read many forum posts which seem similar, but it's unclear what the issue is.

Windows 10 x64 is currently installed.

I have updated firmware in tablet, it will not update firmware in dock battery.

see photo

2018-05-06 13_43_17-LnvBFU.png
I'm not certain what Primary Battery and Secondary is ? Is primary tablet ?

Secondary dock ? - which is not detected ?

I have pressed the reset button in the back, not sure what this does!

Problems:- 

1. The OS does not detect more than a single battery.

2. Tablet connected to keyboard dock, Tablet can be charged to 100%, if AC power is connected to keyboard dock, it does not charge.

3. On occasions - Tablet connected to keyboard dock, Tablet can be charged to 100%, if AC power is connected to keyboard dock, it charges, or it does not discharge.  

4. A few odd things removing AC power from keyboard dock, and re-connecting LED on Thinkpad flashes three times, and goes off, and then keyboard dock is not working, e.g. no keyboard, also fans go at low speed, and Tablet charges.

5. A few odd things removing AC power from keyboard dock, and re-connecting LED on Thinkpad flashes three times, and goes on, and then keyboard dock is working, e.g. keyboard on, also fans go at high speed, and Tablet does not charge.

Is Windows 10 supposed to list Battery#1 and Battery #2 ?

I could try a replacement battery in keyboard dock if this is faulty, but do not want to waste money ?

Any ideas ?
PayamFaraji
What's DOS?
Views: 211
Message 2 of 3

Re: Charging Battery Issues ?

Hi dear 

Also I have some parts of your questions:

I'd like to know while I am working with laptop, and t is full charged, if I plugin with wire to electricity, will it effect on the life of battery ? can I work just with plugin (not using battery) or no ?

Best Regards

Payam

broken-helix
Paper Tape
Views: 190
Message 3 of 3

Re: Charging Battery Issues ?

it should not affect the battery as charging circuits will then stop or start to trickle charge

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors