Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 1 of 9 (748 Views)

Clean install of windows 7 ultimate

I got a x220t with windows 7 home premium and I am going to do a clean install of windows 7 ultimate from a site liceanse I have through my university. Is there anything I need to be careful of during install? Also where do I get the drivers from? 

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 9 (743 Views)

Re: Clean install of windows 7 ultimate

It should be a fairly painless process. Make sure everything is backed up of course when you reinstall, but the Win7 installation is straight forward. You can grab drivers from the lenovo support site: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

Community Moderator
Message 3 of 9 (732 Views)

KDewd is right, it should be fairly easy.  You can also go to your C: drive and look for a folder called Drivers and copy it to a flash drive.  There should also be drivers in the folder called swtools. Copy them to a flash drive and after you install 7 ult. copy them back to the c: drive.  Then update your drivers manually through device manager.

Dave

Punch Card
Message 4 of 9 (699 Views)

So I got everything installed except for the little utility that would allow me to adjust sound, brightness and ect from a single menu that used to reside on the task bar. Anyone know what that is called and where to get it or enable it?

Community Moderator
Message 5 of 9 (679 Views)

hmm, that doesn't sound like a native windows 7 app.  That sounds like something that would have been in the Lenovo preload.  I don't have anything like that in any of my clean 7 installs. If you can't find it, the only other app that will do all that is the hotkeys utility. But that isn't going to give you a single app on the taskbar to do everything.

Maybe somebody will pop in here and say what that is.

Dave

Punch Card
Message 6 of 9 (653 Views)

Yeah I think it's a lenovo app, I was hoping to find it and install it.

Community Moderator
Message 7 of 9 (640 Views)

I put the question out to the experts.  If nobody jumps in here with an answer, maybe somebody will respond to my question.

Dave

Lenovo Staff
Message 8 of 9 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]

It sounds like Lenovo SimpleTap

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-73614

edit: only the preload can install it into the taskbar automatically.  To get it in the taskbar now, after you install it find SimpleTap in the start menu, right-click, and pin to taskbar

Highlighted
Punch Card
Message 9 of 9 (626 Views)

Thanks! That was it.

Top kudoed Authors