Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kosta2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,173
Message 1 of 9

Constant "Smart Card Service" Event 610 when SIM-card inserted

Hello,

I am getting lots of Event 610 Smart Card Service when I insert the sim card.

Smart Card Reader 'Microsoft UICC ISO Reader 1ec14ae0 0' rejected IOCTL TRANSMIT: The parameter is incorrect. If this error persists, your smart card or reader may not be functioning correctly.

Command Header: 00 ca 7f 68

Smart Card Reader 'Microsoft UICC ISO Reader 1ec14ae0 0' rejected IOCTL POWER: The data area passed to a system call is too small. If this error persists, your smart card or reader may not be functioning correctly.

Command Header: 00 00 00 00

LTE seems to work, however I do seem to have issues with it: randomly it won't work when coming back from sleep, so I have to reboot to make it work.

Can someone comment please?

Kosta2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,070
Message 2 of 9

Re: Constant "Smart Card Service" Event 610 when SIM-card inserted

What is this forum actually for? I've posted couple of various topics, none with a single reply.

Got myself €2500 notebook, and that's it?

kboeggild
What's DOS?
Views: 4,794
Message 3 of 9

Hi. Did you ever find a solution to this one?

YY3
Paper Tape
Views: 4,696
Message 4 of 9

Replying in the hope that someone will look at this. I am also getting many of these errors in the log.  I have a T490 with a Fibocom L850-GL cellular modem installed. The machine suffers from frequent crashes, and the most common error in the Event Viewer log is the one mentioned in this thread:

Smart Card Reader 'Microsoft UICC ISO Reader dfa6b42a 0' rejected IOCTL POWER: The data area passed to a system call is too small. If this error persists, your smart card or reader may not be functioning correctly.

Command Header: 00 00 00 00

Smart Card Reader 'Microsoft UICC ISO Reader dfa6b42a 0' rejected IOCTL TRANSMIT: Access is denied. If this error persists, your smart card or reader may not be functioning correctly.

Command Header: 00 a4 04 00

The device in question is the SIM card reader. Don't know if this is related to the crashes, but I'd really like for someone to investigate this.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,689
Message 5 of 9

Hi to all!

Welcome to the community forums. 

Basic troubleshooting steps is to make sure that all updates are up to date. That is Windows update and driver updates. 

For driver updates that is using Windows 10 on their computer. Please use Lenovo Vantage app to scan for updated drivers. See this article: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081

To update Windows, 

Open Settings.
Click on Update & Security.
Click on Windows Update.
Click the Check for updates button.

You can also manually download the drivers of the computer from our support site: https://support.lenovo.com/

Observe the computer after updating the drivers. See if you are still getting the error codes. 

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

augur
What's DOS?
Views: 4,469
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

is the problem solved with any other driver? Has the same problem and issues with Windows 10 VPN. The mobile connection is broken after 10 seconds of the VPN connected and reconnect when VPN is down. In the event log this is the only error I can see so I like to exclude it as a reason for that.

Cheers,

Nils

dinocaputo
What's DOS?
Views: 2,393
Message 7 of 9

I'm having the same issue.  All Lenovo firmware, software and windows updates all up to date.  

I don't have smart card reader so assume its related to Fibocom 850-GL WWAN device which I have.  

Machine randomly reboots or goes into state where hard reset must be done.  

Anyone else solve this?  

Lenovo Employee vsweeting
Lenovo Employee
Views: 443
Message 8 of 9

Hello. 

Try the following :  Device manager > Software Device > Uiss Iso Device > Disable

YY3
Paper Tape
Views: 237
Message 9 of 9

I confirmed that this makes the "Smart Card Service" 610 error go away, at the cost of having a strange disabled device in the device manager. The cellular service works normally. This should still be fixed in some normal way by whoever is responsible for that driver.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors